• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Eat Big to Get Big

SoCalJC

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So before my last cycle started earlier this year, I sought out advice from a buddy who was a very accomplished bodybuilder overseas. The one thing that he emphasized was eating a lot. And I mean A LOT! He told me to eat as much as I could....and when I was done, eat some more. I needed to eat every 2-3 hours. Daily calorie intake should be 4500-5000. I didn't think it was possible, but of course I was gonna try.

I told him my goals and where I currently was at. I outlined my cycle, including what AAS I was using. Test Prop & Tren Ace. Everything looked on point.

So I took his advice and stuffed my face every couple of hours. Started ramping up the cals 2 weeks before start of cycle, and put on 10lbs. By the end of the 2nd month, I was up another 20lbs. I was putting on size. I was thinking this is great, but I'm not getting the results I want. Yes I wanted to get bigger, but really I was after a more defined and chisled physique even it I had to sacrifice size. I told my buddy this before the start of the cycle.

Over the course of the cycle I had trouble keeping the weight on. I would eat and eat and eat, only to maintain weight. So I started taking mass gainer, creatine, and ate a box of cereal every day for a week! I freaking love cereal hahaha. Gained 7 lbs in a week. I hit 218lbs on the scale. I had never been this heavy in my life. Felt bloated and honestly looked fat. I knew I would be cutting soon, but felt that I needed to get bigger & stronger before I cut.

I couldn't fit in my work clothes anymore, so I decided to cut out the cereal, mass gainer, creatine going forward. Lost 7 lbs in 1 day!

At this point I switched up my gear since I had been on cycle for almost 3 months. I went on Sus & Mas. About a gram a week of each. Cleaned up the diet a bit, and saw better results. However I still never achieved the body I wanted. Felt I should have been more defined considering how much gear I was using. Was drinking about 1.5 gals of water a day.

I have been off since the end of June. Next cycle will probably start up Jan 1. Looking back at my diet, I don't think I will be eating as much as I did last cycle. I def won't be taking in as many carbs. No mass gainer. MORE cardio as I did hardly any last cycle lol. Reading the IF thread, makes me want to try that too.

Does anybody else feel the Eat Big to Get Big motto is outdated?

No. Sounds like you were eating too many calories if you looked bloated. Where did you come up with 4500-500 calories? I like to ramp my calories up every month so I know if I'm taking in too much at a certain point.

No. Sounds like you were eating too many calories if you looked bloated. Where did you come up with 4500-500 calories? I like to ramp my calories up every month so I know if I'm taking in too much at a certain point.

That was what the total number was when I added all the food I ate for the day. Since that was about the limit of what I could possibly handle, I just went with that number. It was no fun. I don't want to ever do that again. lol

Yeah, I don't like that idea. Why not figure out how many cal's you need then add the surplus?

I agree with nocode. Sounds like way to many calories. Maybe experiment next time. Start with a 200-300 calorie surplus and go up from there. Monitor bf, mirror, and how you feel. I'm still trying to figure myself out but so far I've learned that the quality of carbs I'm eating makes the biggest difference with me and my BF. Low GI carbs like oat meal, brown rice, sweet potatos, and veggies and my BF stays lower. I start eating Cheerios and granola bars(full of sugars) and I start packing on fat and my energy levels even seem to drop. Oh, and MOST of your weight gainer shakes have poor quality carbs. Everybody is different so just keep working at it and take note of what you are doing and the effects and I'm sure you'll get dialed in. At least that is what I'm hoping for myself. Lol. Good luck.

I think everyone has bulked wrong atleast once, or stayed tiny. Adjust your calories more moderately next time. Personally, I wouldn't worry about getting cut. I'd just maintain 218 for a while and try to improve my bf%.

IML Gear Cream!
Some people, GSRacer comes to mind, can eat a shit load of calories while 'on' and just seem to get bigger AND more defined. But I believe most of us need to be more conservative. I just started a bulker at 500-700 calories a day above maintenance, which for me is 2,800 calories. so right now I'm at 3,300-3,500 calories a day, and I won't be surprised if I need to reduce that, but so far, so good.

Yeah you have to eat big to get big but eating big differs from person to person. Just calculate you maintenance calories then add the surplus instead of adding crazy amount of food. Good luck

Back