• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

The truth no one wants to hear but we all know is true

so sad but TRUE! So many people are on FURLOUGH for now... its killing business owners... People are not spending money let alone leave there house because they have no way of paying there bills! DC is like a desert right now... The MADNESS needs to END!

They all suck. If ANY of the laws or bills (healthcare, minimum wage or whatever) really affected THEM, then we would see a better run country. As it stands now it seems they're only interested in their own power struggle and will do whatever they need to do to keep power. We pay for it.

Government is shut down now? I wonder if they're all still getting paid.

Government CANNOT continue to run annual deficits like we are right now. Completely unacceptable and WILL destroy this country if they do not stop it right NOW. Trust me guys, there must be pain to get this under control, there is no easy way out. But there is less pain if we do something now then waiting another year or five years.

Not that these politicians are that smart because they are not, but some are starting to realize things must change.

goverment workers aint make nothing! I know that for a fact... but as far as the people in office??? I have no idea... There probably at some expensive Golf Club smoking cigars and enjoy there mini vacation while America is holding on to there breath...

If government workers are not making anything now wait and see how little they make when they let them go completely due to BIG budget cuts that I guarantee are coming. Don't know when but it is coming.

I wish I had a job where I could vote in a raise every year, exempt myself from laws the rest of the population has to comply with and get pension for life after serving just one day in office... with no limit on how long I can serve unless for some reason I am voted out. It's truly mind boggling we have let this country get this far off track; the time for revolution [hopefully peaceful] is upon us.

Oh and back to your article. Very true! 83% of government is up and running. It's just the president and his lackeys spreading the lies to low information people who only hear these sound bites rather than getting the truth as stated in your article.

Maybe I'm confused but it seems to me that like Obama and obamacare was re-elected by a strong majority which was probably a combination of people voting for him and his policies and people voting against republican and their policies. Obamacare has been a law for over 4 years and has been declared "constitutional" by the Supreme Court and validated by comments fron John Boener as it being the law of the land. Now they will not pass a budget without a provision to defund it. But, Obama is holding the country hostage????? Come on. If they want to get rid of Obamacare fine, get public support and repeal it not hold the country hostage(yes) for the wrong reasons. Just my take.

I agree. Truthful article. Thanks for posting oufinny!
People don't realize this is really happening but more people are seeing this. His own party is turning slowly.
I just hope they start acting like leaders before we have to act ourselves or before fall as a country

IML Gear Cream!
Of course they are. They had the money to bomb other countries but not give its own citizens a break

I still don't why why we haven't taken up arms and started a revolution. Every other country is doing it, yet instead of religion backed, it will be on principle and civil liberties. No US soldier will turn on its own people who are trying to defend not only their rights but our countries people as a whole.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

I predict another JFK coming...

Another JFK as in:

A president that says: ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country?

A president that during the Cuban missile crisis told the Russians get your shit out of here or I will nuke your ass.

A president that made civil rights his main priority even though it was unpopular at the time?

Obama has none of those qualities so I am guessing you think Obama will be assassinated like JFK? Not likely, secret service is way too sophisticated for that nowadays.

too true im happy others here like infowars n dont beleive the mass media bs that sheep pray too,, sad how far we have slipped away as a country

I still don't why why we haven't taken up arms and started a revolution. Every other country is doing it, yet instead of religion backed, it will be on principle and civil liberties. No US soldier will turn on its own people who are trying to defend not only their rights but our countries people as a whole.

The American people don't have the balls to start a revolution. Well I'm sure some do but I just don't ever see it happening. Anything ever happens I'm going deep into the woods armed to the teeth.

The American people don't have the balls to start a revolution. Well I'm sure some do but I just don't ever see it happening. Anything ever happens I'm going deep into the woods armed to the teeth.

Same here, they will prob get me anyways but I will get my shots in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

The exact reason for the second amendment to the constitution. The founders of this country wanted armed citizens to make politicians honest. Problem is people are to preoccupied with American Idol or watching MTV to give a damn so we just go down the tubes as a country while nobody pays any attention whatsoever.

And to your statement regarding the military; they are prohibited from fighting on US soil by a law called Posse Comitatus Act. Our military is only allowed to fight within this country if we are invaded by a foreign country.

So what are we waiting for??? LOL!

Here is my problem with the threat and concern of a debt default.. the shutdown and its problems are a whole other issue but look...

The U.S. Treasury issued a six page report on October 3, to tell us what might happen if the U.S. defaulted on its debt. I'm going to save you a lot of time by telling you what it means.

The report starts off with a lie claiming that U.S. Treasury has never defaulted on its debt before. Anyone with access to Google knows that in 1979 a technical glitch caused the U.S. Treasury to miss payments on $120 million in debt. The report from the U.S. Treasury then goes on to say that a default would be damaging to business and consumer confidence. But the one thing the report does not say is that for investors, the threat of a default is pretty much meaningless, even if the debt ceiling is not raised.

Why is that?

You see the U.S. Treasury has numerous options to keep paying the bills. And they know this. For example, the U.S. Treasury could operate on a cash-flow basis, meaning it would need to have money in the bank to pay bills as they come due. This is just a fancy way of saying that it would pay its bills with cash instead of a credit card. The U.S. Treasury always has money coming into its accounts. So its always got some amount of cash that it can use to pay interest on bonds. That's especially true right now because the government is partially shutdown and there's no cash going out from its accounts. In fact, when you look at it the U.S. Treasury should simply have no trouble making interest payments on bonds that it has issued. And there's no restriction on the U.S. Treasury prioritizing interest payments.

Why?

The obligation to pay interest is set by the 1917 Second Liberty Bond Act and laws that commanded the Treasury to pay interest on the debt. You can look this up in section 3123 of Title 31 of the U.S. Code and section 4 of the 14th Amendment of the Constitution and in Supreme Court precedent (Perry v. United States). It's all there in black and white. So the only possible way the U.S. defaults on its debt is if Barack Obama, President of the United States, instructs his Treasury secretary Jack Lew to default on the debt.

So, if you think the markets are going to crash or soar because of the default, stop worrying.The politicians are trying to manipulate you and other people into panicking, in the hopes that if enough you panic, the financial markets will do things to help their negotiating position. Now, there might be some volatility as all this gets hashed out. But this Washington D.C. political game is going to pass like the last default drama of 2011. Remember that? Didn't think so. That passed. Don't panic. This too shall pass.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Get Shredded!
With that said, I am tired of the games and totally support fighting back. *winkfinger*

Here is my problem with the threat and concern of a debt default.. the shutdown and its problems are a whole other issue but look...

The U.S. Treasury issued a six page report on October 3, to tell us what might happen if the U.S. defaulted on its debt. I'm going to save you a lot of time by telling you what it means.

The report starts off with a lie claiming that U.S. Treasury has never defaulted on its debt before. Anyone with access to Google knows that in 1979 a technical glitch caused the U.S. Treasury to miss payments on $120 million in debt. The report from the U.S. Treasury then goes on to say that a default would be damaging to business and consumer confidence. But the one thing the report does not say is that for investors, the threat of a default is pretty much meaningless, even if the debt ceiling is not raised.

Why is that?

You see the U.S. Treasury has numerous options to keep paying the bills. And they know this. For example, the U.S. Treasury could operate on a cash-flow basis, meaning it would need to have money in the bank to pay bills as they come due. This is just a fancy way of saying that it would pay its bills with cash instead of a credit card. The U.S. Treasury always has money coming into its accounts. So its always got some amount of cash that it can use to pay interest on bonds. That's especially true right now because the government is partially shutdown and there's no cash going out from its accounts. In fact, when you look at it the U.S. Treasury should simply have no trouble making interest payments on bonds that it has issued. And there's no restriction on the U.S. Treasury prioritizing interest payments.

Why?

The obligation to pay interest is set by the 1917 Second Liberty Bond Act and laws that commanded the Treasury to pay interest on the debt. You can look this up in section 3123 of Title 31 of the U.S. Code and section 4 of the 14th Amendment of the Constitution and in Supreme Court precedent (Perry v. United States). It's all there in black and white. So the only possible way the U.S. defaults on its debt is if Barack Obama, President of the United States, instructs his Treasury secretary Jack Lew to default on the debt.

So, if you think the markets are going to crash or soar because of the default, stop worrying.The politicians are trying to manipulate you and other people into panicking, in the hopes that if enough you panic, the financial markets will do things to help their negotiating position. Now, there might be some volatility as all this gets hashed out. But this Washington D.C. political game is going to pass like the last default drama of 2011. Remember that? Didn't think so. That passed. Don't panic. This too shall pass.

Excellent write up!

BTW the federal government is still collecting 250 billion per month. It's not like the money stps coming in because there is no budget.

Back