• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

The GREAT ASF SUPPLEMENT GUIDE: New beginning

RAINier

Super Mod McBain
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Would there be interest in one?

It would be authored by all of us.

I'd do a quick breakdown of each "sector/type" of supplement and maybe post a quick review of the science or link to studies about this type of supplement (e.g. arginine, creatine etc.). You guys would write the content/reviews for each one (e.g. a review on 1MR, ON whey, etc.) and they'd be underneath/linked.

CAN I SEE A SHOW OF HANDS, GENTLEMEN?

images

And of course, if you could put with your post here a short list of supps you've tried that you might be willing to:
-answer a few questions or
-write a short review about

Re: The GREAT ASF SUPPLEMENT GUIDE

Count me in.

I could have used many of the years, and would be happy to review and talk about the science (or lack thereof) behind:

Creatine monohydtrate/ester
Jack3d
NOShotgun
NOExplode
MRI Arginine
MHP Dark Rage/Dark Matter
ON Whey
CytoSport Cytogainer

I may think of others

Last edited:
So we can all contribute to each supplement: a forum of opinions rather than a single user, single outlook? If that's what we're talking about, I'd happily add my 2 cents worth to anything I have direct knowledge over. I think its a great idea.

Ronn

The categories I'm thinking of so far are below. I know some of these aren't scientifically a part of the category name (fish oil isn't a vitamin for example), but if one were browsing, that would be a natural place to put them. Heavy just gave me mod powers for this section, so after we decide the rough categories, the project is a go.

Supplement Categories:

Creatine

Protein and Amino Acids and "Gainers" (Whey, BCAAs, Arginine, gainer shakes etc.)

Vitamins (ZMA, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, etc.)

Weight Loss Supplements (Thermogenics, Appetite Suppressants, etc.)

Workout supplements (Preworkouts and stims, Nitric Oxide, etc.)

Etc. (liver support, natural testosterone boosters like tribulus, etc.)

Thoughts??

The categories I'm thinking of so far are below. I know some of these aren't scientifically a part of the category name (fish oil isn't a vitamin for example), but if one were browsing, that would be a natural place to put them. Heavy just gave me mod powers for this section, so after we decide the rough categories, the project is a go.

Supplement Categories:

Creatine

Protein and Amino Acids and "Gainers" (Whey, BCAAs, Arginine, gainer shakes etc.)

Thoughts??

I'd say have the BCAA's in a separate category due to the recent popularity of all the new bcaa's that are hitting the shelf now. Micronized, Instantized, concentrated, SAA's (SILK) and such...

I'd say have the BCAA's in a separate category due to the recent popularity of all the new bcaa's that are hitting the shelf now. Micronized, Instantized, concentrated, SAA's (SILK) and such...

Supplement Categories:

Creatine

Protein and "Gainers" (Whey, casein, gainer shakes etc.)
---Amino Acids (BCAAs, Arginine, etc.) [Own subsection]

Thoughts??

Categories look good to me. Where do you want the post? It's own thread?
I'll be making a thread very soon with all the categories in it.

Back