• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Top 3 loved and hated supplements!

goatfishtwo

Amateur NPC Bodybuilder
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I noticed there's not a lot of activity in this forum so I was hoping to fire up some conversation. I want to see everyone's favorite and least favorite supplements they've used. I'll start it up.

Favorites
1.) 1.M.R. - I know that this pre workout is absolutely over-hyped but I must attest to the fact that in my experience with it I was extremely satisfied. I have never gotten such a clean and efficient burst of energy from anything. The flavors are tolerable and I love the niacin dosage.
2.) Size-on - It's a gaspari supplement that you're supposed to drink during workouts that are supposed to help lengthen your workouts. Although I'm almost certain that half of it was just a psychological factor, I always seemed to have much better workouts. The flavor was amazing it tasted just like a grape tootsie pop.
3.) L-arginine - I always get much better pumps when I take a few caplets of arginine before I workout. It's a vasodilator so it helps increase bloodflow to your muscles. So it'll mildly increase vascularity and the pump in the muscle group your currently working on.

Least favorites
1.) C4 - OHHHHHHHHHH my god this is the worst crap I have ever ingested in my entire life. I gave it multiple tries. I was about 3/4 of the way through the tub when I decided to just trash it because it was actually making my workouts WORSE instead of better. I'd feel sick, nauseous, bloated, and downright sluggish on this. I could seriously take 3 scoops of it and go to sleep. That's how ineffective it was.
2.) Syntha-6 (any flavor) - I really didn't like the way I felt after I'd drink this. This whey did not mix well at all and I felt absurdly bloated and I didn't see any significant gains. Just some more overhyped BSN garbage. What else is new?
3.) Cytogainer - This is actually going to sound like a sleight against all "gainers". I don't know if anyone has caught on to this but all gainers are, are a shitload of carbohydrates. They don't have much more protein than regular whey protein powder and the same with the fat content. These companies take advantage of the fact that people who are new to working out think that more calories automatically = more mass. Plus the serving size for these things are like 4-6 scoops! Seriously, overkill much?!?

Let's get some input and get this forum more active. C'mon guys.

1 and 1 for now.

Hate
Jack3d. I just don't do stims. I'm pretty sensitive to stims and caffeine (runs in the family) and it doesn't take a lot to get me going. One coffee in the morning does for me what 3-4 do throughout the day for some of my co-workers (who are half my size or female!). I'm more than able to find my focus and intensity without it, and I don't like that amped up feeling it gives (even with much smaller doses). I realize why some people like it though.

Love
Optimum French Vanilla: Delicious. Mixes well with milk and drinkable with water.. This is what every whey should be.

vit C
Creatine mono Dymatize
ON gold standard whey/casein
Protein factory whey iso (good stuff)
1mr/craze

DISLIKES:
muscle tech shit
GNC brand shit
ect...........................

1 and 1 for now.

Hate
Jack3d. I just don't do stims. I'm pretty sensitive to stims and caffeine (runs in the family) and it doesn't take a lot to get me going. One coffee in the morning does for me what 3-4 do throughout the day for some of my co-workers (who are half my size or female!). I'm more than able to find my focus and intensity without it, and I don't like that amped up feeling it gives (even with much smaller doses). I realize why some people like it though.

Love
Optimum French Vanilla: Delicious. Mixes well with milk and drinkable with water.. This is what every whey should be.

I do absolutely understand where you're coming from with the stims. I, on the other hand, absolutely love them for my workouts. I just feel much more psyched and focused when I use them.

Optimum Nutrition definitely offers some of the highest quality products available on the incredibly fluffy supplement market today. Their creatine monohydrate, glutamine, whey protein, bcaa, and even their multivitamins are effective and not full of filler ingredients so I can definitely pay tribute to the quality of their protein powders.

vit C
Creatine mono Dymatize
ON gold standard whey/casein
Protein factory whey iso (good stuff)
1mr/craze

DISLIKES:
muscle tech shit
GNC brand shit

Muscletech and GNC can go swallow a knife.

DISLIKES:
muscle tech shit
Don't you know that MUSCLETECH CELL TECH will get you hyoooge, chucky? Look at that font! It's HARDCORE. Look at it!

muscle-tech-supplement-250x250.jpg

:p

In regards to GNC and store brands - I've never tried anything GNC, but I've had experience with Vitamin Shoppe's "Whey Tech Pro 24" (the "pro 24" series, not the regular one).

I heard that this line of whey is just ON with a different label. Bought it when it came on sale for about $30 a tub and it turns out that it is. Same nutrition label, same powder, same ingredient mix, everything. ON makes it for them and they sell it as store brand. Same as a lot of grocery store brands!

I am hyoooge bro lol...the thing is they rip people off big time so I hate that place I shop at Vitamin Shoppe some times when I can't wait for shipping

Love...lit up, very clean energy and i never got the jitters from it. Doesn't mix to well but that's fine with me. Super advanced whey protein only at walmart lol i know i know but it's the cheapest i could find and it gets the job done. Jacked was awesome as well but i had to stop because i kept failing my random drug screenings at work for cocaine. Seriously Hate....no explode, it was ok at first but then i started to get real jittery and occasionally i would get heart palpitations. Gakic was a worthless supplement, and any vanilla protein just plain tastes horrible.

Likes-

1-Myogenix After Shock, great post workout supplement. Contains 34g whey, 30g fast absorbing carbs, creatine, glutamine, vitamins....taste is fair, really needs to shaken/stirred well to avoid clumping together

2-All Max prime-preworkout drink. Doesn't give the jittery feeling.

3-also like the Size On Goatfishtwo mentioned, for the same reasons as he. Though I'm not using right now.

Dislikes-jacked,Blox,BSN amino x, theres more. Gotta agree with the community GNC can F-Off.

I noticed there's not a lot of activity in this forum so I was hoping to fire up some conversation. I want to see everyone's favorite and least favorite supplements they've used. I'll start it up.

Favorites
1.) 1.M.R. - I know that this pre workout is absolutely over-hyped but I must attest to the fact that in my experience with it I was extremely satisfied. I have never gotten such a clean and efficient burst of energy from anything. The flavors are tolerable and I love the niacin dosage.
2.) Size-on - It's a gaspari supplement that you're supposed to drink during workouts that are supposed to help lengthen your workouts. Although I'm almost certain that half of it was just a psychological factor, I always seemed to have much better workouts. The flavor was amazing it tasted just like a grape tootsie pop.
3.) L-arginine - I always get much better pumps when I take a few caplets of arginine before I workout. It's a vasodilator so it helps increase bloodflow to your muscles. So it'll mildly increase vascularity and the pump in the muscle group your currently working on.

Least favorites
1.) C4 - OHHHHHHHHHH my god this is the worst crap I have ever ingested in my entire life. I gave it multiple tries. I was about 3/4 of the way through the tub when I decided to just trash it because it was actually making my workouts WORSE instead of better. I'd feel sick, nauseous, bloated, and downright sluggish on this. I could seriously take 3 scoops of it and go to sleep. That's how ineffective it was.
2.) Syntha-6 (any flavor) - I really didn't like the way I felt after I'd drink this. This whey did not mix well at all and I felt absurdly bloated and I didn't see any significant gains. Just some more overhyped BSN garbage. What else is new?
3.) Cytogainer - This is actually going to sound like a sleight against all "gainers". I don't know if anyone has caught on to this but all gainers are, are a shitload of carbohydrates. They don't have much more protein than regular whey protein powder and the same with the fat content. These companies take advantage of the fact that people who are new to working out think that more calories automatically = more mass. Plus the serving size for these things are like 4-6 scoops! Seriously, overkill much?!?

Let's get some input and get this forum more active. C'mon guys.

On the C4, I agree 100%. It's ridiculously expensive, and I thought it was OK at first, but within a week it pretty much destroyed my appetite. A number of pre-workout supps have this effect on me, but none as pronounced as c4.

I have to admit, I use CytoGainer regularly. I'm doing a ton of cardio in addition to lifting right now, so all those extra carbs are welcome. For most, I could see this product putting on fat very easily, but for me, it really does a fantastic job of preserving muscle mass in the face of 30 mile bike rides, 5 mile runs, and 500m swims every few days. It is especially useful on the days that I don't get quite as much to eat as I would like. I'm sitting around 5000 calories per day right now...

IML Gear Cream!
Overall:

CytoGainer
ON Whey
Jack3d (sparingly)

Dislikes:

L-Arginine (if you can't have any food in your stomach when taking something, it is 100% worthless to me)
MHP dark rage (makes me feel homicidal)
MHP Dark matter (lands in my stomach like a brick, and again, any product that needs an empty stomach for any significant period of time is stupid IMO)

Overall:

CytoGainer
ON Whey
Jack3d (sparingly)

Dislikes:

L-Arginine (if you can't have any food in your stomach when taking something, it is 100% worthless to me)
MHP dark rage (makes me feel homicidal)
MHP Dark matter (lands in my stomach like a brick, and again, any product that needs an empty stomach for any significant period of time is stupid IMO)

Yeah I actually completely understand where you're coming from with the empty stomach notion. Honestly half the things I have to ingest on an empty stomach make me feel nauseous and that is just something I cannot tolerate.

like:
vit c
whey+casein
maltodextrin
dont like:
big bang from scitec (nausea)
all the massgainers i have tried
N.O Xplode (nausea -and helped nothin)

like:
vit c
whey+casein
maltodextrin
dont like:
big bang from scitec (nausea)
all the massgainers i have tried
N.O Xplode (nausea -and helped nothin)

N.O. xplode would be fourth on my list. The scoop was too much I felt horrible after I took it. What a waste of money.

In the world of fighting, some organisation use to be sponsored by Supplement Company. I personally know tons of guys who must pretend that BSN is the most amazing shit on earth but; they all changed for something else.
When peoples trash free supplements, I think it’s a huge statement and I must agree with them...
I like 1mr and craze as pw

Dislike BSN, GNC and Muscletech.
As for O.N. everything seems to be fine with me except the casein, the texture make me feel like I’m chewing little pieces of plastic straws!
BTW: anyone gives GAT products a try lately. Please share your thought on it.

yo guys, i work at a supplement store and mannnn i get alllllll the mixed reviews lol. but nonetheless there are legit brands with good quality and i have my personal favorites, like everyone else should. problem is, the average guy wouldnt care about understanding individual preference, they just want what "works".....saddest thing when i get people who just buy shit because it "gets them through the day." whatever happened to understanding the body and diet? then again who am i to critique, some people really do "need" supps.
AI Sports
Aminolast & Glycofuse (shit tastes amazing, would care less if it works, but you really cant fuck up dextrose so even if it wasnt legit id still buy it cuz it tastes so good!)
Integrated Supplements
Dislike:
*New* Gaspari Nutrition products (except aminolast and glycofuse LOL)
Nutrex
Muscle Pharm
Cytosport

I would rather group mine by companies. It's all about trust to me

-Universal Nutition
-VPX

diskikes:
-Cytosport
-Muscletech
-BPI

Like:
Vit C
DAA
Steak
Ostra

Dislike:
Anything that says Ephedrine free on the label
NO Xplode

likes-
Jack3d watermelon flavor
Mr. Hyde watermelon flavor

dislikes-
muscle marinade - the most horrid shit I've ever tried
no xplode - gave me continuous case of never ending farts and gas
super pump - nicknamed it super dump every time I took it made me immediately want to shit

amino energy
force factor 2

Dislikes
no xplode
muscle milk
optimums casein

likes-
Jack3d watermelon flavor
Mr. Hyde watermelon flavor

dislikes-
muscle marinade - the most horrid shit I've ever tried
no xplode - gave me continuous case of never ending farts and gas
super pump - nicknamed it super dump every time I took it made me immediately want to shit

I'm with you on the Mr. Hyde. Finishing up my first tub of watermelon now.

Mr. Hyde by ProSupps, Craze by Driven Sports, Hemavol by Iforce
dislikes:
I really don't like any of the more "mainstream" supplement brands like BSN, Muscletech, etc...pretty much anything at GNC like said earlier.

I don't really use any supplements except for creatine in PCT and protein powders which doesnt make a difference to me as long as it mixes good with water. Agmatine is my number 1 ingredient that I'm looking for in any supplement when I do venture. I get all my nutrition from whole foods and I like it that way, but man I'm a pre-workout junkie lol. Some of my best workouts and muscle pumps have been with Craze/Hemavol right before.

Top 3:
•Gaspari's Myofusion protein powder (Banana perfection/probiotic series)
•CytoSport's flavorless carbohydrate powder
•ProLab's liquid carnitine/Jack3d

My new favorite protein is Trutein. Other brands I have tried in the past have been rough on my stomach. Looking forward to trying new flavors.

Back