• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

REST DAYS between muscle groups

Tony1354142

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
We all know we only grow when we are resting and allow our muscle tissue to properly recover. That being said we also know if you're ON cycle recovery happens at a faster rate. My interest here is off cycle. How many guys here hit muscle groups twice per week? How many hit it once per week. I hit every muscle group in three days.
Chest/ tris
Back/ bis
Legs/ shoulders
And I do abs, calves, and forearms bout every other day at the end of my work out. Now this causes me to workout every muscle group twice per week. Usually. Do my 3 day routine then a day off. Sometimes 2 days off or sometimes none. I'll just hit all three workouts, then run it again before taking a day off. Ive been working out like this for years. Now I'm thinking I need to allow myself to recover more. Actually o know I do. Very rarely did I NOT take a day off after running my 3 day training routine. Js I sometimes ran that shit twice (6 days in a row) when I felt like I could. Here is what I've been thinking. Do my same routine but take two days off OR if work gets in the way workout a day then day off due to work then go back for two and then one off, either way just make sure I have 3 to 4 days in between muscle groups. How Many days do most guys here take off between muscle groups? Jw. And on top of that, for the first time in YEARS, prolly a decade I'm going to have an arm day changing from :
Back/ bis. And chest/ tris
TO:
Chest/Back. And bi's/tris and keep legs/ shoulders the same
Give that a try. Been doing
back/ bis - chest/ tris for years now. Only thing about arm day, is it will feel weird going in the gym and not having any compound exercises. So my 2 inquiries are these : (1) how many days do you guys take between muscle groups keeping in mind this is off cycle and I Hit all groups in a 3 days workout regimen. (2) what do u think of an arm day? And chest/ back day? Couldn't hurt huh. I mean I haven't had an arm day in years, thinking of switching it up and see. Thanks for reading. I know my boys will chime in lol they better.

Protein synthesis lasts for 48-72 hours (72 being the absolute most genetically gifted people). So hitting everything twice a week off cycle is perfectly fine and very beneficial

Protein synthesis lasts for 48-72 hours (72 being the absolute most genetically gifted people). So hitting everything twice a week off cycle is perfectly fine and very beneficial

Thanks EO. so you don't think One muscle group a week is enough. I always did twice per week taking days off when I felt like I needed it. I listen to my body. But I figured I might try taking four days between muscle groups which would actually allow two muscle groups to be hit twice per week and one of them once per week. Idk. Felt like shaking shit up

Actually I'm sorry that would be 3 dud between

I think for most poeople in the LONG run hitting a muscle group once per week is best . Hitting a muscle twice in a week is ok for a weak bodypart or as a shock tactic but over a long period of time proves too much . Recovery from training involves alot more that just the muscle that was trained . Our bodies are a singular organism and can't be partitioned into segments . Our nervous system, metabolism , hormones all need to recover as well . Of course this has been debated forever in the BBing community. Most pro's today hit the muscle groups once per week generally. Ultimately it is for you to find out what is best for you. And yes always listen to your body . If it tells you to take more rest , well then...

I think for most poeople in the LONG run hitting a muscle group once per week is best . Hitting a muscle twice in a week is ok for a weak bodypart or as a shock tactic but over a long period of time proves too much . Recovery from training involves alot more that just the muscle that was trained . Our bodies are a singular organism and can't be partitioned into segments . Our nervous system, metabolism , hormones all need to recover as well . Of course this has been debated forever in the BBing community. Most pro's today hit the muscle groups once per week generally. Ultimately it is for you to find out what is best for you. And yes always listen to your body . If it tells you to take more rest , well then...

Exactly. It's not just my muscle group I'm worried about but also the body's entire biochemistry. I totally agree and the rest days to me are more for growing, taking in more calories, relaxing and allowing the bodies muscles along with the body's biochemistry to recover. Ive trained twice a week for years. Time to take a look at something different. I know guys that swear by it.

And it's not once per week im actually looking at, more like more days between workouts which would be like doin once muscle group per week. Sometimes a muscle group or two will get hit twice but only if it was at the first day and last day of the week. It's time in between is my main focus as oppose to something like, : Monday-chest/ back, tues-legs <----that's not my concern cuz the body doesn't know days of the week. Plus I work on call and I can't have a schedule like that. Shit has to be moved around when u dont have a work schedule. Plus I've never had a workout schedule like that ever.

Absolutely no disrespect but I disagree completely. I think you are really underestimating what the human body can do. Now if you train like an idiot with bad form I think you increase the risk of injury, simply because you are doing shit form twice as much. If you look at successful naturals almost all train twice a week. Protein synthesis is what makes your muscles grow, so if you don't train twice a week then you aren't growing for 5 days. Now when we use hormones our protein synthesis is greatly increased so you can get away with once a week workouts. The pros are hitting once a week for that exact reason. Also listen to your body, but still give it enough time to get used to the new program. The first 3-4 weeks you will be far more sore than usual, but it will become accustomed to the extra work load. I stand bye the twice a week, I did it for the longest time and made far better gains than what I did at once a week naturally.

You should be able to train each body part twice a week comfortably off cycle.

so i have something to ask should I do chest and bi's and sholders , and back and tris and, legs and abs , and 1 day rest inbetween ? or do the chest and tris and sholders, back and bis, and legs and rest day2 days a week in between not in a row but 1 day here and one day ther like i do the chest day then legs then break day then back and bis then rest day then start over chime in fellas

IML Gear Cream!
You could set up your split with optimal recovery per muscle group giving them 48-72hrs rest and still hitting it 2x a week

Find what works for you through experimentation. Otherwise you'll never know. But remember that everything works for a little while and nothing works forever so periodize your methods to break platues. That being said, once a week with a week off here and there is pretty good. In my opinion most people train too frequently with too much volume and not enough focus on squeezing and controlling the negative. But hey, what do I know ;)

Back