• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Hacker

Duluxx

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Just received this,what if anything can I do to stop them?

Thanks

Dear Duluxx,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Anabolic Steroid Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 188.143.232.144

All the best,
Anabolic Steroid Forums

That IP is from Russia. However that doesn't mean much it could be a proxy. What's happening is 'bots' are trying to log in as you and post spam on the boards. Scripts are written for this exact purpose to infiltrate community forums. ASF has a decent registration process with added security so the typical bots can't get in as easy simply by registering and spamming. So the other type of bot will try to access current members account then spam. They are NOT looking for you or your personal info. They just want to spam the boards.

Should you be worried?
No. Again, they're trying to spam the boards and not get to "you." You were just next in line to try to hack into. Besides, you don't have any real personal info here anyway right?

What can you do?
Not much you can do really. Just make sure your password is sufficiently challenging. The longer the better and add some extra characters so the algorithm used by the bots to guess passwords will have a far less chance at guessing yours. You can use this tool to help come up with a very strong password: https://secure.pctools.com/guides/password/

disclaimer:
I am not a Mod or admin of ASF but I know the forum script ASF uses here (vBulletin) and been dealing with web bots for many years.

Back