PDA

View Full Version : Should I Eat After Cardio/Bodyweight (Cutting Exercises) Like Regular Workouts?

SleevedOut
09-06-2013, 08:42 PM
I have been hitting it hard in the gym and showing more and more improvements everyday! I've been a beast in there. The thing is, I gotta get my body fat down. I love going heavy in the gym on everything and I build muscle very fast. But I gain fat very easily too. So, I'm biting the bullet and changing my workout routine to more cardio, core, and bodyweight stuff to lose weight. Reps, Reps, Reps. So, my question is-when I get done hitting a session of cardio or tons of push-ups or pull-ups, should I have a post-workout meal/shake? If I'm wanting to watch calories, I don't wanna pack more on when I just got done burning them, right? Not really sure how to approach this. If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate the info a lot. Thanks.

Streettime
09-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Whaaaaaatuup Sleeved! U definitely want to get some good fast digesting protein and carbs after u workout regardless. Now if ur trying to shed bodyfat I would keep the carbs a little lower, but u still need them for glycogen replacement and recovery post workout. The rest of your diet throughout the day keep to mostly protein and veggies if possible, maybe a little rice midday ... no complex or simple carbs after 5pm.... at least this is what I've found works for me ;)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

SleevedOut
09-06-2013, 10:40 PM
Right On Street! Yeah, it's time to get rid of this extra fat. I've been a beast in the gym long enough. Now I gotta put away the big boy toys and get looking good for the girls. Lol. Appreciate the info bro.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Wladimir
09-18-2013, 02:13 PM
eat for sure! when i cut i always eat shake + banana if i workout later that day if i go in the morning i allow my self shake + protein bar and some yogurt you need post workout recovery after all. Thats works best for me i keep up with 7-8% bodyfat at 200 pounds.

To swole 43
10-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Yeah man same here

cyclingvelo53
10-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Hey, I do oats with a scoop of protein power and a hammer gel shot for flavor (maltodextrin). Protein and complex carbs. Keeps me under 10%

Jmart87
10-23-2013, 01:40 PM
You definitely need post workout meal for proper recovery just watch total calories consumed. Be in a deficit and good ratio of pro/carb/fats and you will drop bf%