• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Recorded call from possibly "fake" agents

ashk1m21

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
For a call from a random local number but it was a recording of how I could be fined and sentenced to jail and I had to defend myself on the phone ? Does that shit make any sense or has happened to any of you guys?

Never heard of it and it sounds like a BS scam. Clean house and move whatever you have that is illegal for the time being. Better to be safe than sorry. But remember, if you live in the US you're innocent until proven guilty. So if there is no proof you're gtg. Like I said though, sounds like a scam to try and get money or something like that. Depending on how that call actually went I may not even move my stuff to be honest.

Try calling the number back and demand for their identification..... or google the number in this format xxx-xxx-xxxx that will turn up some info. But my guess its a scam.

Just call back and ask for phone sex. Worst case you get hung up on, best case it's actually a really hot secret agent with big tits and she sends you nudes.

Haha yea fellas it's a scam they did it to a buddy of mine a dea agent will never call or make a recording and give u time to clean house but ill be sure to be safe just incase, if anything it's a good sign that my shit past customs and some asshole just wanted to see of he could get personal info to steal my identity , that's what it most likely was

Total scam. IF you call back may ask for your SS# to "verify" it's you. Sometimes they only ask for the last 4 digits making you think that's secure way of asking but it's complete BS.

OR more likely...
The call back number they give you is toll call number. For example... in the BVI - Bahamas and the area code 809. DO NOT call that back. It's very similar to the 900 numbers in the states but they charge a HUGE amount per minute. I'm talk over $2k per minute! Seriously... They won't ask you for any specific vital info so you think it's rather legit... BUT their goal is to keep you on the phone as long as possible... a 10 minute call will be billed to your phone for the tune of $20,000.00!!

Other area code are susceptible to this also. Why the Bahamas? Because they don't have the same legal hoops to jump through that safe guard the caller and still look like it could be from the USA. They don't have to tell you you're being charged per minute like this. Also, not all number is the area code are toll numbers so to make a blanket claim that all 809 area codes are toll scams is not accurate.

Either way just ignore it....

Last edited:
Total scam. IF you call back may ask for your SS# to "verify" it's you. Sometimes they only ask for the last 4 digits making you think that's secure way of asking but it's complete BS.

OR more likely...
The call back number they give you is toll call number. For example... in the BVI - Bahamas and the area code 809. DO NOT call that back. It's very similar to the 900 numbers in the states but they charge a HUGE amount per minute. I'm talk over $2k per minute! Seriously... They won't ask you for any specific vital info so you think it's rather legit... BUT their goal is to keep you on the phone as long as possible... a 10 minute call will be billed to your phone for the tune of $20,000.00!!

Other area code are susceptible to this also. Why the Bahamas? Because they don't have the same legal hoops to jump through that safe guard the caller and still look like it could be from the USA. They don't have to tell you you're being charged per minute like this. Also, not all number is the area code are toll numbers so to make a blanket claim that all 809 area codes are toll scams is not accurate.

Either way just ignore it....

Holy shit thats fucked up.... 2K a minute?!:paddle:

IML Gear Cream!
When I called back it said the number was out of service and I looked up the # and it's range was in an area of telemarketing , hmm lol

Holy shit thats fucked up.... 2K a minute?!:paddle:

Yep, it's an old scam really but definitely real. You feel ok that they didn't ask for your ss# or credit card etc but then a month later you get your phone bill and POW! This day and age I can't understand how people still fall for scams like this. So easy to check things out before doing anything. For example... I get an email from my bank saying I need to do something to my account? Ok... trash the email... don't use links from the email and go to the banks website directly. If there's something I need to do I'll get a notification when I log in. Simple.

A guy I work with got scammed like that on his company phone. His boss called him one day asking who in the hell were you calling in Jamaica for $60.00 a minute.

Back