• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

New Drugs being developed to block Myostatin

MidWest

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
The research has produced several muscle-building drugs now being testing in people with medical problems, including muscular dystrophy, cancer and kidney disease. The drugs all work by blocking a substance called myostatin that the body normally produces to keep muscles from getting too big.. the full story: http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/201...-could-be-the-next-big-thing-in-sports-doping Also check out the mighty mouse video, used to test this drug. It can be found halfway down, on left. Beast!

Looks like it could be approved within a few years. Wonder when the sponsors will start carrying it! Will probably be expensive as hell though

Looks like it could be approved within a few years. Wonder when the sponsors will start carrying it! Will probably be expensive as hell though

All depends on how difficult it will be to produce. It seems to me that it will be the biggest thing to come to the aas world yet, so that alone may dictate cost.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

I thought that blocking myostatin could be detrimental to ones health. Although if they were to regulate myostatin it could be beneficial. Anyone actually know about this scientifically?

I have been following myostatin inhibitors for a couple years and they have all been bullshit really. This is the first research team I have seen actually make it work while not causing major health concerns.

The mice tested for example from one dose reduced mysotatin levels by 46% over a 12 hour period. This also only affected skeletal muscle and not heart tissues which was a major health issue in research of this kind in the past.

This is the extent of what I know so far but am going to dig deeper.

I have been following myostatin inhibitors for a couple years and they have all been bullshit really. This is the first research team I have seen actually make it work while not causing major health concerns.

The mice tested for example from one dose reduced mysotatin levels by 46% over a 12 hour period. This also only affected skeletal muscle and not heart tissues which was a major health issue in research of this kind in the past.

This is the extent of what I know so far but am going to dig deeper.

Alright that would make sense. I have just heard of research in the past causing major heart/organ damage. As long as it is only in skeletal muscle than this could be a massive break through!

this is great, i knew it would only be a matter of time before they cracked this. Hopefully some UGL can make it happen for us, then they sky is the limit. cant wait to see the upcoming research on this stuff!

NPR? :roflmao:... Sorry I had to

Lol, yes yes NPR. I found the article through a google search.. regardless was to interesting for me not to post it

Ive been reading about Myostatin and Myostatin blockers, if they come up with an effective myostatin blocker, that would be a whole new ballgame when it comes to muscle size and strength. could you imagine a product that allows the body to just keep building muscle. it boggles the mind.

There's several big pharma companies who have recently run clinical trials on myostatin inhibitors..Wyeth's AMG-745 looks pretty promising....

I would guesstimate these compounds have already found there way into bb in a few cases...there just seems to be several freaks of freaks appearing in the last year or two....

I can't wait to see the outcome

Case in point, Big Ramy ,3 yrs training? WHAT?? Not suggesting hes on a myostatin blocker, but if what he says is true and he added that kind of mass and Thickness in 3 yrs. I dont think a genetic freak with top notch chemicals,and state of the art training, could get that size without a "Secret Weapon" it will be interesting to watch his progress the next few years. Because he will be able to add thickness to his huge albeit young frame.:thinking:

Ummm... hasnt there been myo blockers available from a bunch of peptide companies for a while now?

Ummm... hasnt there been myo blockers available from a bunch of peptide companies for a while now?

Plenty of claimed inhibitors but they are all bunk... the process to block one of the myostatin genes is far too complicated to be addressed by any of these otc or peptides..

None of them have studies showing any proof.. plus it would be the RAGE of every bb'er... and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.. lol

Case in point, Big Ramy ,3 yrs training? WHAT?? Not suggesting hes on a myostatin blocker, but if what he says is true and he added that kind of mass and Thickness in 3 yrs. I dont think a genetic freak with top notch chemicals,and state of the art training, could get that size without a "Secret Weapon" it will be interesting to watch his progress the next few years. Because he will be able to add thickness to his huge albeit young frame.:thinking:
i was just thinking the same! read an article on him and he put on like 88lbs of solid muscle in like 1.5-2 years. crazy. i think with a little time he will be a force.

Plenty of claimed inhibitors but they are all bunk... the process to block one of the myostatin genes is far too complicated to be addressed by any of these otc or peptides..

None of them have studies showing any proof.. plus it would be the RAGE of every bb'er... and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.. lol

Are you referring to ACVR2B (ACE-031)? From what I've read the study in Canada was going well, but some people experienced nose bleeds and bleeding gums and the test were shut down. People on other boards have been talking about this one, but I'm having a hard time finding any actual reports of use. Does anyone here know anything about this peptide, ACVR2B?

The potential synergistic effect of a working myostatin inhibitor with GH really gets me excited.

The study referenced in the thread is being developed and studied by an entirely different group than the ACE-031 crew. However, shows more promise it is around the corner.

The asverse effects you mentioned were related to doses given to children. Only other reported was a fallout in FSH with some of the women.

My initial thoughts... stop giving it to children first of all... lol. Although its the most promising drug to assist with muscular distrophy rather than a steroidal compound so I understand why they are going down that road.

I think we will see this on the market in the next year or two personally.

Get Shredded!
3 mg per kg of bodyweight? so my big ass would need a single 300mg shot bout every 10 days? best price is 42 usd a mg. sooo, I don't think so.

if everything goes well... this will be most definitely be a game changer... all these new guys comein out from egypt like big ramy with as little as 3 years trainin LOOK massive as hell.. most people are sayin them egypts are on some new type of drug.... personally i think he's on CAMEL PROTEIN ISOLATE by driven sports . :winkfinger:

Last edited:
Patrick Arnold sold his research to a peptide company. They will be the first ones to have it. as they use experimental solutions for lab studies

Back