PDA

View Full Version : Getting back to the weights after injury

FloridaMuscle
08-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Hey I'm looking for some advice. I hurt my lower back squating a few weeks and haven't been able to lift. But my doctors has cleared me to lift I'm just not able to squat heavy anymore a max 225. Also no heavy deadlifting. I was wondering if you guys had any idea if other exercises I could do to replace them or if I should just go low weight high reps high sets. I still have leg press feet high and low leg ext Laying leg curl and walking lung in my leg day workout. Thanks guys look forward to hearing your feedback

jas101
08-16-2013, 03:54 PM
I feel ya on the back injury. Had one, surgerys, and then rehab to kick the pain pill addiction. I've be squating 245. The difference is I do high reps and I try to put my butt on the ground. Talking about burning the hams and glutes. Still its a little embarrassing to bench more than you squat. Just be slow and methodical and hopefully make some good gains. Every time I start to make some good gains I'll get cocky and hurt my back. Not as serious but its two weeks of pain and light duty on back and some legs like squats and deads. Then I seem to start all over. So I guess the only good advise I have is don't be an idiot like me. "Hmmm, I feel good today. Let's see how heavy I can go on deads"lol.

FloridaMuscle
08-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Hahaha yea I know man it sucks I was doing 415 and herniated a disk and now the doc says no more squats over 225 which really sucks...but yea I guess ill just have to do high rep counts and try and go heavy on other things to get the growth I'm looking for. Thanks fr the help jas101

jas101
08-16-2013, 04:47 PM
That's killer. I only ever got up to 345. Take care of your back. Mine gave me problems for years before I got it fixed. You could always go for the huge upper body with chicken legs look. I've been seeing a lot of that lately so it must be the new hip thing. Haha. Good luck man.