• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Riddle me this.....

Mrpenisguy4

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok so I have a question regarding my daily maintenance calories. I've always just tried to eat a lot on bulk and less on a cut instead of actually counting calories, carbs, etc. when I did the equations to figure out my daily need, it came out to be far more than I eat in a day. I'm 6'3 220lbs and I rarely eat more than 2500 calories in a day, but maintenance calories apparently should be 3800. What's going on here?

Could be any number of things. What exactly did you eat yesterday? Do you weigh or guesstimate portions?

It could be you have a very slow metabolism. Everyone is different. I personally need 3600-3700 to maintain at 5'10 ~190 lbs

I've been weighing out and measuring everything.
Meal 1: 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup egg whites, 2 eggs, protein shake
2: protein shake and banana
3: chicken breast w/ 1/2 cup brown rice
4: same as meal 3
5: 1/2 cup egg whites, 1 egg, protein shake
including condiments and supplements, that came out to roughly 2400 calories

How did you figure it out? I usually do 12Xlbs for maintenance, 10xlbs for cutting, 15xlbs for bulking BUT you will have to adjust as needed.

What is the goal right now?

I used one of those equations using your height, age weight, activity level. So it said 3800 but somehow I have gotten up to 220lbs only eating around 2000 calories a day or less. I'm trying to cut right now and I've made the mistake too many times of going crazy with cardio and under eating, then losing size.

If I'm cutting it revolves around food, then workouts with cardio 3 times a week. Cardio also depends on how I feel during the day. I can cut with 100 carbs daily (50 before workout and 50 after)... or keep my calories lower and not worry about the intake too much. Me, personally, I would eat 2200 calories and adjust from there.

So when you do 50 before and after, are you training after breakfast or later in the day?

Back