• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Tyrannosaurus Rex Forearms

MadScientist

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Can anyone tell me the secret to getting my forearms bigger? I have tried about everything I can think of...:hmm:

Attachments

• IMG_2233a.jpg
    IMG_2233a.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 102
Here's what has helped me:

-Don't use lifting straps
-In general,try to do more free-weight activities
-Don't get into the mind-set that doing retarded forearm curls is going to help, because they aren't
-specific exercises that shred my forearms: weighted pullups, manual T-bar rows (a barbell with a few 45lb plates on one end, other end wedged in the corner of a wall, use a cable row close grip to row.)

trex-hates-pushups.jpg

Here's what has helped me:

-Don't use lifting straps
-In general,try to do more free-weight activities
-Don't get into the mind-set that doing retarded forearm curls is going to help, because they aren't
-specific exercises that shred my forearms: weighted pullups, manual T-bar rows (a barbell with a few 45lb plates on one end, other end wedged in the corner of a wall, use a cable row close grip to row.)

These are all solid suggestions, particularly on the free weights and rows!
I'd add - drop some body fat, which really helps the veins/shape come out, and make (strict) hammer curls and reverse bicep curls your main bicep movements.

Once I quit using straps on back day my forearms blew up.

Reverse grip bb curls work good too.

After heavy back day and no straps. Put the rope attachment on a curl cable and do high rep handle curls until you wanna puke.

try speed beating w/ both hands. workd for me. gave me really tight pumps too.

Do forearm exercises first, before you do anything else...

BB reverse curl w/ hand down or wrist bent: hits the bottom of your forearms. Same thing but wrist straight hits the top...

towel pullups are one I just did tonight that killed my forearms, and as others said don't use straps or gloves for your main exercises and you should see some improvements.

These are all solid suggestions, particularly on the free weights and rows!
I'd add - drop some body fat, which really helps the veins/shape come out, and make (strict) hammer curls and reverse bicep curls your main bicep movements.
I completely forgot about doing reverse curls! thanks...

Actually, thanks to all who replied. I think I like this forum a little better than where I was before. Thanks for the invite Heavy!

Close grip curl on the EZ always hammers my forearms for some reason, hurts when letting go of the weight.

One I used to do and have seen baseball catchers do...is a small bar or pipe with a rope attached to it long enough so when held straight out in front of you ( arms parellel to ground) a small amount of weight 10-15lbs can be hooked on the end but not touch the ground .. You then began to roll the bar and twist the rope up (like a fishing reel) all the way to the top and then lower it back down all at an even pace. You'll get such a burn and see lil veins you didn't know exaisted POP out.

Do forearm exercises first, before you do anything else...

BB reverse curl w/ hand down or wrist bent: hits the bottom of your forearms. Same thing but wrist straight hits the top...

That does not work. Sorry, but I don't buy it. Doing regular straight bar curls or bicep curls with free weights will put mass on your forearms. I can't stand when I see people trying to "target" their forearms. You already use them way more than you realize and like GS said, free weights are the way to go.

One I used to do and have seen baseball catchers do...is a small bar or pipe with a rope attached to it long enough so when held straight out in front of you ( arms parellel to ground) a small amount of weight 10-15lbs can be hooked on the end but not touch the ground .. You then began to roll the bar and twist the rope up (like a fishing reel) all the way to the top and then lower it back down all at an even pace. You'll get such a burn and see lil veins you didn't know exaisted POP out.
This is one of those "classic" forearm exercises. Any have any experiences with this? Did it once or twice in some gyms I've passed through for a week, and all I remember is an insane burn.

Digging holes is the best forearm workout in the world. Hits every angle you could imagine. I know that's not a practical exercise to work in your routine, but there is nothing like shoveling dirt around.

Ive done the roll ups before Dath mentioned. That's worked out the best for me in the gym. You can get the most range of motion from that forearm exercise. Roll up, roll down.

i remember those

One of my favorites for blowing up your forearms, a good gripmaster around the house or work can't hurt either. I'm also a big fan of the bar in the corner with some plates on the end, good for the arms and upper back as a whole..make sure not to put a hole in the wall tho

Try forearms curls (overgrip and undergrip)
forearm-curls.jpg

Currently I am doing a low volume training thus I choose exercises that hit biceps and forearms.
Reverse grip bb biceps curls on week 1 and Pin wheel db curls on week 2.
IMO pin wheel curls work very well for forearms I get insane pump just after 3 very quick sets (2 light warm-ups 10-12 reps, 1 working set with 10 reps + 3 forced negatives)

This is one of those "classic" forearm exercises. Any have any experiences with this? Did it once or twice in some gyms I've passed through for a week, and all I remember is an insane burn.

I liked it a lot - watching people trying to figure out how to use was priceless. Sadly my new gym dont have that equipment.
I used to do it at the end back biceps session. 8-10 kg on the string, 3 sets of 4 rolling exercises (overgrip: roling it, roling out. undegrip: roilling in, roilling out)
Also very good forearm exercise in my book - my forearms always were sore on the next day, not to mention the post workout cramps.

My forearms never really developed until I quit using straps for 90% of my lifts on backday. I just use them on pullups because the bar at my gym in super small and hard to hold onto.

Thanks for all the input fellas! I can already feel a difference. I also built myself a small torture device for my gym based on one of the suggestions about the rope and bar out in front of you...I finish with this thing and cant use my fingers for about 15 minutes after I'm done.

Attachments

• IMG_0640.jpg
    IMG_0640.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0641.jpg
    IMG_0641.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0642.jpg
    IMG_0642.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 18
Get Shredded!
man thats nice i rember while playing football we just had a handle with a rope and a weight tied to the end and you would roll it up and douwn matter of fact i am going to make me one today.all so a tennis ball works while sitting arroung watching tv or what ever squese the hell out of a new tennis ball over and over it is hard to do let me know how that goes.haha

I do forearms twice a week and try to lift without straps also
Its really nice having jacked forearms in any short sleeve shirt :cool:

after all the shit you went through over not posting pics awhile back and now you post one over here lol, what has come over you?

Thanks for all the input fellas! I can already feel a difference. I also built myself a small torture device for my gym based on one of the suggestions about the rope and bar out in front of you...I finish with this thing and cant use my fingers for about 15 minutes after I'm done.

We got one of those at gym and its killer. I would also throw in some heavy db farmers walk exercises too (no straps). Those will have those puppies burning like no other.

After my first summer job cutting and stacking firewood everyday. Tossing it up to 20' high stacks my forearms blew up. I believe there like calves, it's just very high reps. The type of work you do for a living plays a factor, like someone mentioned digging holes, material lifting, try carrying 4x8 sheets of plastic and wood out in front of you for a few years.

Last edited:
Back