• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Opinions on whether or not a cycle is worth it for me...

nycap

Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey all,

So, I'm 30, about 5'8 160lbs.

I think I may have hit a wall... I'm squatting 255, deadlift 285, bench 155... these are not my max, as I've never really measured that. Rather, I do a 5x5 routine.

Part of it is that I want to go further, and part of it is purely ego because I'd like to look bigger.

I'm not a big guy naturally, my frame isn't particularly strong, so that's why I'm curious. I've done the research on what I would do *if* I go this route, but I'm more curious what the opinion is in general. I'm just trying to get some honest opinions on whether or not it would be worth it for me A) to get to higher weights and B) simply for my ego. With A) being most important. Thanks!

How long have you lifted, and what does your diet look like?

I'm only now sticking to lifting seriously, but "off and on" (read: with slacking/long 3+ month trips out of the country, etc) for a few years.

My diet has recently cut out a lot of crap like soda, serious alcohol drinking, most fast food... I eat a lot of meat (fish/chicken/pork/beef), I'm starting to add vegetables. Trying to minimized processed food. I take whey protein (25-50g per day). I eat a decent amount of eggs... Maybe I go through a dozen for breakfast every 3-4 days. I eat maybe like 3000 calories a day. I live in NYC so I move around a little more than the average person probably (for example, 8-10 minutes each way between my house and the subway, plus whatever other walking).

Welcome first off.

Rather than spending the money on gear potentially, use that money and employ a nutritionist and a workout coach. Both understanding what your goals are can put you at the next level.

Once you do that, then decide if this "lifestyle" is something you want to partake in.

A nutritionist change my life in more ways than any gear has... outside of getting on TRT.

Best of luck... and by the way. There are guys on here that can help you in those avenues. Lots of bros here know nutrition and proper weight training programs.

Welcome.

After reading your post it suggests that you've never been on a solid plan. You have to understand that going to the gym is such a small part of getting in shape. Gear is great but there's nothing more anabolic than food, sleep and a solid workout plan.

I'd seriously suggest to hold off on gear for the time being. Maybe run a small dose of some extra testosterone while you set these factors into place. I always feel better with extra testosterone ;)

A lot of good advice above and I'm sure fellow brothers will chime in and help out. Stick around the site brother and read read read!!

Good luck

I'd nail down your diet/training habits then maybe think about gear once you hit your natty potential. A 405lb squat/230lb bench is about what I was at before ever cycling, and weights arent the real concern its mainly the diet/training

Wow, thanks for all the help guys. Gotta say, I'm a little surprised to see a juice forum being so measured and reasonable about it. It seems like people here are really responsible and measured when it comes to using this stuff. I think I had a slight idea that it might be more in the "go ahead and do it direction". Definitely have helped sway me in the other direction. At this point, I'll educate myself further on fitness and diet and continue to try to push myself a little further.

Thanks for the advice!

Wow, thanks for all the help guys. Gotta say, I'm a little surprised to see a juice forum being so measured and reasonable about it. It seems like people here are really responsible and measured when it comes to using this stuff. I think I had a slight idea that it might be more in the "go ahead and do it direction". Definitely have helped sway me in the other direction. At this point, I'll educate myself further on fitness and diet and continue to try to push myself a little further.

Thanks for the advice!

You're very welcome. I think it's great that you're taking everyone advice. I never try to persuade anyone from taking AAS, I just like the others just have a different view of how AAS works. Just like the others and you have said, get your diet and workout plan in order than come back and shop around for a good source. There's a bunch of very reputable and solid sources here brother. When it gets to be that time... Come back!

Good luck!

Solid advise from everyone . Also consider your life goals , like having children , or needing HRT for the rest of your life ? Don't worry about your size - look at some little MMA guys ? Get that stuff figured out to decide. Welcome, and good luck.

Aye the guys on here take a much more reasoned 'safe and sane' approach than some other boards I've seen which are more along the lines of 'if you aren't doing 1g test you don't deserve to live."

I'm not aiming to become Mr. O, and it doesn't sound like you are either, ya know!

Back