• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Deadlift pain :(

Tdeizel89

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys ive been having pain in my pelvis area wen i deadlft. Idk if its form or wut. Hasnt been like this ever. Im 6'2 and im still repping 285 10-12 reps per set. But mayb bad form or sumthing over time has been doing it. Or shit mayb even this letro drying me out a bit causing joint pain. Any tips or ideas. Thnx

Record yourself and watch it to see how your form is. I corrected a lot in my form by doing this. Your pretty tall, do you do sumo deads?

No normal deadlifts. In my eyes its more for hams then back. But beneficial for both! Idk but the camera thing is a good idea thnx bro

Ive actually never tried sumo. I watch alot of videos and research alot. Ive read sumos are perfect for awkward tall ppl. Like tall but short arms. Im very proportionate but its worth a try

I'm 6'2" as well and I do sumo deadlifts. In my opinion, they are the only way to go for anyone somewhat tall. I'd at least try them out if I was you.

Respect the deadlift! Take a few weeks off, and let it heal. Don't let a minor injury become a major one. Once you heal, then I agree try sumos, but it sounds to me like you had an overuse injury, and you just need to let it heal. Do one arm rows, pull ups, chins, HS rows of all varieties, etc, etc, you can still nail your back. Best of luck bro.

Any type of serious pain means something is WRONG. I'm with JD STOP DEADLIFTING and work around for awhile. Do good mornings for a bit or romanians for the hams and get your form critiqued it could be a form issue it could also be an INJURY if you are INJURED continuing to deadlift is baaAADDDDD idea. Guess how I know.

Ive actually never tried sumo. I watch alot of videos and research alot. Ive read sumos are perfect for awkward tall ppl. Like tall but short arms. Im very proportionate but its worth a try

I'm only 5'11" and started doing sumo deads. It helps me keep my bad straight. Give it a try after you heal up.

The pain isnt severe by any means. Sumthing jus doesnt feel right. Let me see how o explain. I have sciatic nerve problems every so often and it almost feels like its the start of the sciatic nerve sparking. And ill tell u wut wen it does hit i walk around like im 70 wen im only 24 bdays this friday actually. But i have been watching a bunh of deadlift videos to help maybe adjust my lift. I appreciate all the feedback!! gunna def take it easy for few weeks on deadlifts and be careful of rows. Then start back at square one

Back