• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Newbie with a Laser Focus (not Superman qualtiy laser focus)

pappybay

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I am 52 and have been on TRT since last July. I am at 180 mg per week, 2 at 90 per week and 500 IU of HCG 2 times per week, 3 MG of anastrozole (I know, it seems high). I have put on 20 pounds since last July. I have read so much I think I know more than my docs most of the time. That knowledge is in large part to reading for an insane number of hours on forums like this one.

I am considering a "first" cycle of 400 mg per week or 500 mg a week for 12 weeks to hopefully pick up 15 pounds. I will probably start in August (I take off 3 weeks in July for vacation time).

I have historically lifted for many years and then took off about 8 years (life happens) have been very consistent since last July (2012) in a gym at my home (very nice gym). I typically do the following split

Chest,
Shoulders/triceps
Back/biceps
Off
Legs (quads)
Legs(hams and calves)
Off

I am 6' 3"

I started at 175 lbs and about 11% bodyfat. I am now at 195 lbs and I would guess 15% bodyfat. My fat is 100% isolated to my gut and love handles.
With respect to weight, I typically do 8-12 sets for major muscle groups and 4-6 for minor, lifting progressively starting in the 10-12 rep range and ending in the 5-8 for major muscle groups and 8-15 for minor muscle groups. For calves I am in the 25-30 rep range and for traps I am in the 12-15 range.

For example, when doing dumbbell flat bench I would do 10 X 70 each, 75 each, and end with 5-6 reps on 80 each. I try to add either weight or reps each workout to keep the progressive component in place.

I do no cardio as I am clearly ectomorph body style, 33 inch waist X 34 inch inseam (used to be 36) and 46 in shoulders (based on suit size) with skinny arms and bird legs.
With respect to macros, I am pretty informed. I eat three meals and snacks in between. I drink 3 ON shakes a day with 84 grams of whey isolate, 3 grams of Creatine, take fish oil, D-3, multivitamin and biotin (hair). I eat a LOT of chicken, broccoli, rice, steak, roast beef, turkey, fish (grilled), pork steak, squash (grilled), eggs, bacon, biscuits, potatoes (no butter). Most of my foods are grilled or baked. I do not drink or smoke. I average 4,000 calories per day. I am not a perfectly clean eater but I am more strict than most. No sweets for example, ice cream or heavy sugary foods. I do like bacon and good old sage-based sausage.

Sleep is typically 6 hours a night (I know, I know). I do not suffer from stress at all and I do have a high pressure job and a great sex life with my beautiful wife.
Recently I have been suffering from a sore left bicep (ortho says no tear, just take off and I did back off my weight for a month, still an issue but I do not want you to get hung up on the bicep issue.)

My E2 and E3 are low and I do get some severe joint pain about 2 days after my leg workouts (I do not go to 90 degrees on squats, about 75 degrees and about 70 degrees on leg extensions) Fish oil seems to help.

I want to reach 220 lbs at about 8 percent body fat and maintain.

I hope this is enough info for a good start. I really appreciate any feedback and guidance.

I look forward to learning from the pros.

People I have had private chats with on other froums all suggested keeping it under 500 and staying away from the harsher compounds. I will be interested to see want the consensus is here.

Welcome to the board

Welcome! Doesn't everyone love Bacon and sausage. Yum! Best to stay away from it on cycle unless you want your cholesterol thru the roof. My weakness is blue bell vanilla ice cream.

Welcome! Doesn't everyone love Bacon and sausage. Yum! Best to stay away from it on cycle unless you want your cholesterol thru the roof. My weakness is blue bell vanilla ice cream.

I hear ya. I swear they put something in that ice cream that is addictive!

Welcome. Definately have a wealth of info on here to help u out.

IML Gear Cream!
Welcome bro

I am 52 and have been on TRT since last July. I am at 180 mg per week, 2 at 90 per week and 500 IU of HCG 2 times per week, 3 MG of anastrozole (I know, it seems high). I have put on 20 pounds since last July. I have read so much I think I know more than my docs most of the time. That knowledge is in large part to reading for an insane number of hours on forums like this one.

I am considering a "first" cycle of 400 mg per week or 500 mg a week for 12 weeks to hopefully pick up 15 pounds. I will probably start in August (I take off 3 weeks in July for vacation time).

I have historically lifted for many years and then took off about 8 years (life happens) have been very consistent since last July (2012) in a gym at my home (very nice gym). I typically do the following split

Chest,
Shoulders/triceps
Back/biceps
Off
Legs (quads)
Legs(hams and calves)
Off

I am 6' 3"

I started at 175 lbs and about 11% bodyfat. I am now at 195 lbs and I would guess 15% bodyfat. My fat is 100% isolated to my gut and love handles.
With respect to weight, I typically do 8-12 sets for major muscle groups and 4-6 for minor, lifting progressively starting in the 10-12 rep range and ending in the 5-8 for major muscle groups and 8-15 for minor muscle groups. For calves I am in the 25-30 rep range and for traps I am in the 12-15 range.

For example, when doing dumbbell flat bench I would do 10 X 70 each, 75 each, and end with 5-6 reps on 80 each. I try to add either weight or reps each workout to keep the progressive component in place.

I do no cardio as I am clearly ectomorph body style, 33 inch waist X 34 inch inseam (used to be 36) and 46 in shoulders (based on suit size) with skinny arms and bird legs.
With respect to macros, I am pretty informed. I eat three meals and snacks in between. I drink 3 ON shakes a day with 84 grams of whey isolate, 3 grams of Creatine, take fish oil, D-3, multivitamin and biotin (hair). I eat a LOT of chicken, broccoli, rice, steak, roast beef, turkey, fish (grilled), pork steak, squash (grilled), eggs, bacon, biscuits, potatoes (no butter). Most of my foods are grilled or baked. I do not drink or smoke. I average 4,000 calories per day. I am not a perfectly clean eater but I am more strict than most. No sweets for example, ice cream or heavy sugary foods. I do like bacon and good old sage-based sausage.

Sleep is typically 6 hours a night (I know, I know). I do not suffer from stress at all and I do have a high pressure job and a great sex life with my beautiful wife.
Recently I have been suffering from a sore left bicep (ortho says no tear, just take off and I did back off my weight for a month, still an issue but I do not want you to get hung up on the bicep issue.)

My E2 and E3 are low and I do get some severe joint pain about 2 days after my leg workouts (I do not go to 90 degrees on squats, about 75 degrees and about 70 degrees on leg extensions) Fish oil seems to help.

I want to reach 220 lbs at about 8 percent body fat and maintain.

I hope this is enough info for a good start. I really appreciate any feedback and guidance.

I look forward to learning from the pros.

Bump for any feedback.

Welcome pappybay!

Back