• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Weight gainers

Billy

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Is it bad to supplement a meal with just weight gainer alone?

1000 calories and only 20-30g of protein? It actually sounds worse than a commercial mass gainer, whatever you're making.

Make your own with real food: protein powder, liquid egg whites, oats, peanut butter, banana, etc.

You can make a shake at home and change the ingredients to fit your needs and have variety. Spending the money on mass gainers I think is a waste. Most are junk, there are prob one or two decent ones but they are also prob the more expensive ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they are bad there full of sugar . Just eat more food

Protein shake with whole milk ,peanut butter , bananas, steel oats and creatine

Those weight-gainers are a rip. 8 servings of diarrhea powder for like 50.00. Like the guys here say, just make your own.
Milk, protein powder, oats, peanut butter, etc...

I'd rather eat real food, I wouldn't waste my money on that shit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
Make your own with real food: protein powder, liquid egg whites, oats, peanut butter, banana, etc.

I pulverize some Oats into powder (carbs), add 1 or 2 scoops of peanut butter (fats/protein), add 1 scoop of Whey Protein of your choice (protein), with a banana. Mixed with 2% milk. I would never buy a weight gainer to much junk in them.

Supplements are for supplementing what you cant get in with food. Say your bulking and you just cant get in that 4000 calories, or your diet doesnt provide enough protien or carbs.. at that point use supplements to fill in the gaps. Your goal should be to get everything in with clean food then supplement the rest. Not replace meals with mass gainers and protien powder.

I am on the other side of what guys are saying here.

Are whole foods best? I guess but I have to pack so much food and eat on the run while at work I do suppliment my daily meals with BSN true mass weight gainer.

In my experience it helps me from losing too much weight from a busy work schedule that is created by two main reasons.

Not enough time to work out and not able to take in enough calories.

One time, due to a very busy work schedule I lost 18 pounds in six months and it was for the reasons I stated above. Now when I get that busy, I suppliment with weight gainer and now have a home gym and makes it so much easier to keep my goal weight.

I totally agree with you. Of course whole foods are best, but like you said if you dont have time or ability to get that in ABSOLUTELY get in the those macros anyway possible. You gotta do what you gotta do!

Personally I like them when I know I'm not going to have enough time to eat that day. But they aren't something to rely on

Back