PDA

View Full Version : Power Bomb

AR-15
10-16-2020, 05:21 PM
So I wasnít sure where to post this on the main board so I figured fuck it. Really doesnít have anything to do with XScripts gear other than the fact we are all bleeding Purple at the moment so Iíll post this here. Haha Anyway I took a part time gig at a local MMA school teaching kids advanced and entry level grappling. Today we had 30 students in the gym. I was teaching advanced level. There was another teacher doing entry level and there were two #2ís teaching the brand new kids. After stretching everyone out together we split off into our own classes.

The school only has so much equipment and so much usable space so each group has to focus on different shit so we can make the most of everyoneís time. Unfortunately today that turned into a disaster to say the least. I had my group in the ring with pads doing full contact take downs and defense. The other teacher was on the floor mats doing light contact take down defense. The #2ís were quizzing their groups on counting from 1-20 in Japanese and Korean before they started on basic everything. Anyway to make a long story short I guess the other teacher had two of his kids working against each other on take down defense. Again on the floor mats. (Floor mats are basically hard as a mother fucker). Well apparently the one kid that was on defense took offense to how hard the other kid was coming in on him. I guess they had words, got separated a few times, usually itís no big deal. It obviously happens a lot. Boys are full of test. They all have chips on their shoulders. Blah blah blah. Iím sure you guys get it. So I guess the last time the kid came in hard for the legs. The kid on defense pushed him down on all fours and as the kid was getting back up the kid that was pissed grabbed him around the chest and shoulders, picked this kid up and power bombed him right on the floor head first. All I heard was the wind just blowing out of this poor kid. Man I knew right away there was a huge problem. I jumped out of the ring and ran over. The kid was out fucking cold. One of the other guys called 911. The owner got him awake in about a minute and just tried to keep him still until the paramedics arrived. Kid was spazzing out. It was a scary 10 minutes until the paramedics arrived. Luckily they are stationed a few miles down the road.

Finally just heard from the other teacher. IMO the kid got super lucky so far. They said he suffered a concussion. (Duh) He has a broken wrist. No idea how that happened. I guess Iíll see when I get to watch the security footage and he has a broken collarbone. I know that doesnít sound lucky but believe me if you would have heard how hard that kid hit the concrete (mat). Woof. Man Iím still shaken up over that.

As far as the other kid Iím not sure where all thatís gonna end up going. Iíve never been in a situation where someone just went off the rails like that. I mean normally in a gym if shit hits the fan and guys arenít pulled apart itís always just fists or something like that and itís settled in house and itís a dead issue when you walk out of the gym. This case here is way way beyond anything like that. Obviously the owner will kick the kid out but Iíd have to assume legal action will be taken against not only the kid but probably the gym owner and possibly that teacher. I donít mean to sound selfish but Iím glad it wasnít my class. I wasnít watching obviously Iím just going by what I was told but Iím just not sure why he didnít pull them out if things were getting that bad between the two of them. I donít know. Hopefully Iíll see the footage tomorrow. I have a feeling though that this kids parents are gonna own the gym shortly. Regardless I hope the kid is ok. Definitely one of the worst things Iíve seen happen.

RedBird
10-18-2020, 06:59 AM
Mid story made me cringe

BBruce
10-18-2020, 07:12 AM
Stuff like that suck when it happen, hope the kid is ok.

weazel
10-18-2020, 07:46 AM
Yes it was bad yes it was wrong but when I was training in mma back in the day for cage fighting everyone now and then got a lil turned up. If he signed papers I see no lawsuit the family should have known what could happen be the same if your kid gets hurt in football when a senior demolishes a sophomore cause they feel they can. I whooped the shit out of a asshole senior in wrestling in HS then attacked the coach for smacking me they never tried no funny stuff again and I still got to go to state finals.. shit happens I got my nose broke in sparring even...but its kids still sucks that happen ol hot head that did the slam needs a realization theres consequences for your shit actions thats how ppl end up shooting and stabbing each other usually over a "my dicks bigger than yours contest"

AR-15
10-18-2020, 07:58 PM
Yes it was bad yes it was wrong but when I was training in mma back in the day for cage fighting everyone now and then got a lil turned up. If he signed papers I see no lawsuit the family should have known what could happen be the same if your kid gets hurt in football when a senior demolishes a sophomore cause they feel they can. I whooped the shit out of a asshole senior in wrestling in HS then attacked the coach for smacking me they never tried no funny stuff again and I still got to go to state finals.. shit happens I got my nose broke in sparring even...but its kids still sucks that happen ol hot head that did the slam needs a realization theres consequences for your shit actions thats how ppl end up shooting and stabbing each other usually over a "my dicks bigger than yours contest"

I hear ya brother. I certainly never frown on a guy for being aggressive in a fighting gym. However with that being said fighters should also be taught to not only respect their classmates but also their teachers. What this clown did was IMO way beyond a simple fist fight. Not only that after getting to watch the video it was clearly a cheap shot. I was going by what Inwas told happened but that was no where near how it really went down. The kid that got hurt never even saw it coming. IMO newbie or not the kid has no place in a gym where Iím at period. In fact if he was my student I personally would consider beating the fuck out of him myself before kicking him to the curb. Thatís just me though.