• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Genetics and muscle growth?

Not watching the vid but I will tell you that diet and genetics both have huge role in reslts.

You can give ten guys the same amount of AAS and they will come out looking ten different ways.

If you look at your own ideal known AAs physiqe rest assured 1000 guys could take what that guy took and would not look like him.

EDIT: Saw it was a cartoon and totally watched it. Seems like a reasonable explanation of what I observe and describe above. I will also qualify what i said by adding it is EXTREMELY rare to see someone who gets no benefit from AAS although I can think of one guy I now IRL in particular who truly just looks like shit no matter what he takes. Peasant genes or um, that miostatin.

Last edited:
Yeah ASAP Science has all kinds of interesting videos. I subscribe to them on YouTube. Anyway, though it made me laugh out loud when you said your friend "truly looks like shit no matter what," I do feel for the guy. I mean, I don't look like shit but Ive been working out for years and can never get the Mark Walberg build that I'm looking for. Conversely, I have a couple of friends who are absolutely rock solid no matter what they do. And when they hit the gym and do half ass workouts a couple of days a week they blow up and it makes me jealous. One friend of mine set our high school dead lift record as a freshmen at 415lbs when he was 15 years old. No training at all. We are from a small town growing up so I'm sure there are stronger kids out there but it as a big deal 18 years ago when we were growing up.

Yeah ASAP Science has all kinds of interesting videos. I subscribe to them on YouTube. Anyway, though it made me laugh out loud when you said your friend "truly looks like shit no matter what," I do feel for the guy. I mean, I don't look like shit but Ive been working out for years and can never get the Mark Walberg build that I'm looking for. Conversely, I have a couple of friends who are absolutely rock solid no matter what they do. And when they hit the gym and do half ass workouts a couple of days a week they blow up and it makes me jealous. One friend of mine set our high school dead lift record as a freshmen at 415lbs when he was 15 years old. No training at all. We are from a small town growing up so I'm sure there are stronger kids out there but it as a big deal 18 years ago when we were growing up.

NOOOooo you do not look like shit. I can also say I an pretty sure every other aspect of this persons lifestyle is like deliberately designd to ruin a physiqe. Bt he still keeps buying it and buying it. Hey, for all I know without it he would look like jabba the hutt. He does lift but the diet man the diet. And the peasant genes too I'[m pretty sure he is genetically disposed to shitlookingness.

Looking at you you have obviously made progress aed look like you lift and you clearly have nore to come. Yes You may have to work harder than some people but fuckit that just means youre a tough ass mofo. Thats a plus in my book. If you have to work for it you will appreciate it and do what it takes to maintain it, not fall off competely when you get a girlfriend or a new job. Just keep truckin you will keep makin progress at your own rate.

Ah those lucky special people who have "those " genes. Especially at the top pro levels these people are true freaks and there are very few of them in society. And it's not just genes to grow huge quantity of muscle but how that muscle is put together. You can only change the shape of the muscle so much the rest is how it is attached. Example : calves , I am tall 6'1'' and so have high very short calves. This type of calf will never have that long sweeping diamond look. No exersize or gear will take that attachment and move it down 2 or three inches. But the thing is BBing is really a competition with yourself, to be better than you were before and we can all do that ! To me BBing takes 4 things, proper hard training, proper diet, supps ( a few of them ) and gear. Some people do it natrully and I respect that just not enough results for my liking . You may never win a BBing competition , hell you may never compete but with hard work and persistance you can transform yourself to be the amazing YOU that lies within you ! This journey can span a lifetime it's not like alot of sports that are over by the time you are 35. You obviously are a BBer MaJere and have made very good strides, just think how you will look in another 5 years !!!

I definitely have below average genetics and I envy the guys who can just *look* and weights and grow. Not to mention the AAS high responders. But the way I look at it, in the end you are only in competition with yourself. If you diet well, train smart, and use some well thought out 'supplements', almost all of us can meet or even exceed our genetic potential.

Ditto to what Jersey said. I'm not a natural either. There is no one on either side of my family that has a frame for weight lifting. Everything I got came hard also, so never give up. I pumped iron in my twenties and never really experienced any spurts until I almost turned 30 years old. But, I had small victories like a 375 bench and 450 squat. Most big lifters will laugh at my personal bests, but for my genetics it was hard to achieve. I have a friend that weighs in at 175 soaking wet, and he can bench 405 any day, totally cold. So, take the good advise you get, and mostly stay consistent! You will grow.

I'd say genetics is the main factor. some people can eat like shit but yet still can put on some good decent muscle while on gear. it's the response to aas. Some respond very well while others not so much.

Genetics is of course the main factor at the highest level. I once read, not sure how true it is though, that most of us never even come close to our genetic potential.

Back