• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Creative people

Nocode8511

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

I'm looking to make my own kettle bell sandbags. My brother just mentioned it to me and its a pretty good idea. Anyone have ideas on type type of material I can use for this? I have plastic handles right now. Just looking for the bag material. Thanks :winkfinger:

Ive never thought about sandbag KB's... do you have a link of what you have in mind? Ive made KB's with those small adjustable dumbell weights, a handle, a few pipe fittings and my welder. If you had a pic or something I would be happy to try to help.

http://shop.navyseals.com/kettle-bell-sand-bag-p/kb-sand.htm

Something like this but have them sealed. Maybe in lbs up to 50+

Hmmm.... take a trip to your local Sears, Lowes, or whatever you have in your area. Alot of tool bags these days are made of nylon also and come in different sizes. They are meant to be lugged around on job sites and have the handle already attached. if you feel the handle isnt strong enough you can always reinforce the stitching pretty easy or use a rivet for upholstering. the nylon tool bags should hold the sand no problem, and if you really wanna go heavy duty pick up an empty sand bag at the same hardware store, fill it with sand, seal it, then put in in your nylon tool bag! That will keep the sand from escaping.

Thats what I would do.... god I spend entirely to much time at Lowes.

Thanks man! I have an old nylon duffle bag I'll be cutting up into pieces.

No prob mane.... I was also thinking about it at work tonight, and if you go to Goodwill, Salvation Army, yard sales, craigslist, etc... You can find old bowling ball bags. They are stout as fuck and ment to handle weight... plus they are the perfect size. So keep your eyes peeled for old bowling ball bags!

No prob mane.... I was also thinking about it at work tonight, and if you go to Goodwill, Salvation Army, yard sales, craigslist, etc... You can find old bowling ball bags. They are stout as fuck and ment to handle weight... plus they are the perfect size. So keep your eyes peeled for old bowling ball bags!

Thats a damn fine idea! I'm looking to build my own bench and squat rack too. I know how to weld and other stuff so why not? I'm looking for some kind of guideline now.

You tube.

Yep seen some good homemade jobs on youtube for sure. And make sure to check craigslist in the sporting section as well. I recently picked up a power rack from the local high school football teams weight room for $150 and it was like new and it was a gym quality one not the flimsy type you get at most sporting good stores!

Back