• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Anyone else physically unable to train abs due to excruciating cramping?

jozifp103

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I've tried off and on for several years to train my abs. But every session leads to me on the floor stuck in the fetal position praying to god to get me through this. A lot of times it happens after just one set. Rarely, I can get through an entire ab session without going into a full-on spasm but I am on the verge the entire time and I basically have to keep my back arched and my abs stretched or else i'll get pulled down to the floor. It usually lasts about 2-5 minutes until I can get up.

I've tried all the remedies,
Electrolytes
Taurine
Magnesium
Stretching etc.

Anyone else have this issue? It fucking sucks.

I have also even when not training abbs directly & I have a theory. I usually happens when I'm not properly hydrated. But out of everything you mentioned how's your salt intake? As a preworkout put some salt on the end of a teaspoon about half way & wash it down with water. Also salt your food. Or maybe you have already idk. Well the my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm the same way. What I noticed is that after time working them consistently, it reduces dramatically. I attribute mine to my core being weak and lacking endurance from not doing enough ab work

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I have seen this in clients with a back / spinal injury

Not saying that for fact is what you have, but maybe something to look into, if you are unsure otherwise?

Not saying that for fact is what you have, but maybe something to look into, if you are unsure otherwise?
Interesting. I have slipped a disk in my lower back a couple times. Come to think about it, it never happened before that.

That's interesting. I also have had a couple pretty bad injuries to my neck when I was in Afghanistan.

I fractured my neck and backs eat up with arthritis, spurs, and compressed vertebrae so that's interesting

UNCLE Z REP
WWW.UNCLEZ.RU FOR LIST/ORDERING

ORDERS@UNCLEZ.RU FOR ORDER QUESTIONS

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

At one point it would make either a vein or something similar swell up so bad in my groin. That one of my balls would try to hide from me. This was when I trained super hard.

The doctors did ultrasounds and had no idea what it was. They said it could be calcium deposit or a varicocele. Sooo I after 2 or 3 years of it happening on and off I said fuck it and aspirated it myself at home because they would do nothing.

A bunch of blood and white puss like liquid was sucked out with a pin. And I never had the problem again thank God. Maybe you have some kind of lack of blood flow or some kind of tear/scare tissue built up in there. That causes spasms?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wesley you nailed it. I have this exact issue. Dr. told me it was nerve damage from my back injury. I actually get in my legs too....lateral hip rotators being the worst....sometimes they lock up and I cant walk for an hour....its sucks

IML Gear Cream!
Wesley you nailed it. I have this exact issue. Dr. told me it was nerve damage from my back injury. I actually get in my legs too....lateral hip rotators being the worst....sometimes they lock up and I cant walk for an hour....its sucks
I have problems with my hips/psoas doing the same thing. Sometimes they'll get so tight its painful in every position. Really a drag to deal with but I guess I better get used to it

Me. It always happens when i resume training abs after a while.
Its really freaking bad

Sent from my CPH1907 using Tapatalk

Me. It always happens when i resume training abs after a while.
Its really freaking bad

Hey haven't seen you around for a while! Do you have back injuries too? Seems like all of us that have this problem do

Hey haven't seen you around for a while! Do you have back injuries too? Seems like all of us that have this problem do

Nah my back is in pristine shape. Going to pull 700 next week.

I have also even when not training abbs directly & I have a theory. I usually happens when I'm not properly hydrated. But out of everything you mentioned how's your salt intake? As a preworkout put some salt on the end of a teaspoon about half way & wash it down with water. Also salt your food. Or maybe you have already idk. Well the my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
My salt/sodium intake overall is more than adequate because I sip on Pedialyte and have a generally salty diet. But I can't say I really focus my sodium intake around my workouts. I just sort of take it in throughout the day.

Holy shit you might have just nailed it. I've had a loose disc since I was 20 from a work injury. It slips out a few times a year but overall even when it's not completely acting up it still causes daily discomfort. You think that could be affecting the way my abs respond to training?
What compounds are you running OP?
This has been an ongoing issue for years regardless of what compounds I'm running.
At one point it would make either a vein or something similar swell up so bad in my groin. That one of my balls would try to hide from me. This was when I trained super hard.

The doctors did ultrasounds and had no idea what it was. They said it could be calcium deposit or a varicocele. Sooo I after 2 or 3 years of it happening on and off I said fuck it and aspirated it myself at home because they would do nothing.

A bunch of blood and white puss like liquid was sucked out with a pin. And I never had the problem again thank God. Maybe you have some kind of lack of blood flow or some kind of tear/scare tissue built up in there. That causes spasms?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Jesus bro that sounds much different than what is going on with me. I don't recall any testicle retraction and I'm pretty sure there's no tissue buildup or obstructions....I'm glad you were able to fix that though that sounds no fun.

Back