PDA

View Full Version : How to use thyroid hormones

THEJOKER
08-11-2020, 05:38 AM
I am not an expert on thyroid hormone, but I have gotten a lot of Pms about it. So here are some of my thoughts about itÖ

I like this video of Lee Priest taking about it. I kind of use it similar but also feel the same about people over dosing it and taking it too long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDYXf_ukRFs

If you donít have a thyroid issue, there is no need for anyone to take T4 in my opinion, otherwise you run the risk of shutting your thyroid down, especially if you take it for too long. For newbs T4 is Synthorid, Leveoxyl, Euthrox or Levothroid.

If you do take it, always first thing am on an empty stomach, you can eat 30min later.

Be aware that when and how you take medication does influence its effectiveness. For example, thyroid medication should not be taken with calcium or iron. Both of these minerals bind with thyroid hormone and make it unavailable for your body's use.
Thus, you should avoid milk products two hours before and after taking thyroid medication.

Aspirin, danazol and propanolol have been shown to increase T4 levels and furosemide, methadone, lithium, aluminum-containing antacids, colestipol, and rifampicin have been shown to decrease T4 levels.

There are also some unique interactions. Progesterone and estrogen are substances that can bind with T4, but also tend to increase T3 levels. Anabolic steroids tend to decrease thyroid hormone levels. Finally, thyroid hormone can suppress insulin, an important consideration for diabetics and bodybuilders using insulin.

Should you take T4 when on GH:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uESDM-qSssg

T3 (common names: cytomel, euthyroid, liothyronin, , etc) works at the cellular level by increasing the metabolism of protein, carbohydrates, and fats, as well as increasing heart rate and blood flow. T3 is an excellent fat burner since your metabolism is greatly increased while using it.

The benefits to bodybuilding is that one can afford to be on higher cals and burn fat at a higher metabolic rate. But remember thisÖ.

T3 can be catabolic is used for long term use, decrease bone density and shut your thyroid down.

T3 should be taken several times per day because of its shorter half life. Levels usually pack roughly 2hrs after ingesting it and depleted within 4hrs. To optimize the availability of T3 and maintenance of T3 levels throughout the day, multi-dosing is a recommended course of action.

Multi-dosing avoids having total dependence on your body converting T4 to T3.

How to use it:

I recommend using it for about 4-6 weeks during a cycle. Then when the cycle is over, you stop for the reasons above. As I mentioned, I feel that most overdose on it by taking 100mcg a day and I personally donítí feel more is needed in this situation.

I personally usually use it towards the end of a cutting cycle. Lets say I took it for the last 6 weeks, it would look like thisÖ

Week 7: 12.5mcg (split in 2 doses)

Week 8: 25mcg (split in 3 doses)

Week 9: 50mcg (split in 3 doses)

Week 10: 25mcg (split in 3 doses)

Week 11: 12.5mcg (split in 2 doses)

Week 12: 5mcg (once in am)

Then go off!

That is how I do it and I know others prefer a different way. If you have anything to add, please do. We all have different bodies and react different to substances. So please share what typically works for you, or maybe what hasnítí work to educate others.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200811/9e9407a6bd9e9f66d961cfa8772a645e.jpg

If you have questions or need a list hit up Red Bird at redsxript@ctemplar.com

Oldred91
08-11-2020, 09:37 AM
Thank you for this bro

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

THEJOKER
08-12-2020, 09:41 AM
Thank you for this bro

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If you already take T4, essentially your thyroid isnít working we can assume. So if you wanted to add T3 during a cut, follow the above.

If you want to add it daily, my question is why? Do you need it? What are your current labs?

A strong diet, regimented cardio and workout sessions are the foundation for T3 to do its job. It wonít work without it that during a cut, and of course the right cycle.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200812/8aa1f4f5a6fff750324d367be52c601c.jpg

If you have questions or need a list hit up Red Bird at redsxript@ctemplar.com