• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

arm blasters and fat grips. anyone?

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
my wife purchased me an arm blaster for Christmas, I was a bit shocked. I use this thing back in the old high school days when it was a thing. I used it quite a bit after that and it was rather humbling LOL.. it definitely puts the ego in check. it's absolutely great for working on form and dialing things down a little bit..

anyone else incorporate these arm blasters?

how about fat grips? occasionally I've been throwing in fat gripz on DB's.. Great for brachlorardiallis development!
I don't train forearms much, I've always been blessed there, although they could use some growth. Strength and conditioning for forearms if most important to me over anything..
Major-Forearms-Muscle-Anatomy-and-Names.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve never used either but the arm blaster has always peaked my interest. I’ve just haven’t convinced myself to pull the trigger on one yet.

Never been a fan of the fat grips but love arm blasters!! Absolutely kills your biceps!!

Fat grips will elevate the forearms to a new level lol

whats an arm blaster? is that the apparatus that goes around the neck when curling?

Fat grips will elevate the forearms to a new level lol

whats an arm blaster? is that the apparatus that goes around the neck when curling?

yes it looks like that thing that they put on cattle. it is a little bit cumbersome and you feel awkward.. however it's pretty good with keeping good form and you don't realize how much you fall out of form over time. it's definitely not something you use every time, once a month or so. it can be a pain in the ass to get off and on. those fat gripz are definitely something else, whole new level type of shit..remind me of high school when we had a PVC pipe that we would curl with.

I'm going to have to look into the arm blaster thing. Sounds like it would kill

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

it's pretty decent when it comes to humbling people a little bit and it's good for just working on form or static movements while you're just holding the weights at the bottom slightly longer before you do a contraction. you'll like it the first time you try it but you won't go out of your way to keep using it.

IML Gear Cream!
I recently started playing with arm blaster. Did 2 SETS of 21s with itband the second was reverse curl FUUUUUCCKK

UNCLE Z REP
WWW.UNCLEZ.RU FOR LIST/ORDERING

ORDERS@UNCLEZ.RU FOR ORDER QUESTIONS

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

it's pretty decent when it comes to humbling people a little bit and it's good for just working on form or static movements while you're just holding the weights at the bottom slightly longer before you do a contraction. you'll like it the first time you try it but you won't go out of your way to keep using it.
Sounds like something I could definitely use to help with form,
I recently got big into the grip strength stuff and been looking at all the crazy DIY things for it.
Forearm junkie here lol, but there are some diy devices I've seen that build biceps and a few other muscles that command perfect form and isolate to just that particular muscle.

Just got a couple dumbbells that had gel fat grips on them. Never used them before but I did some reverse curls with them just a few minutes ago and got a serious forearm pump. I think im gonna like these things....

Just got a couple dumbbells that had gel fat grips on them. Never used them before but I did some reverse curls with them just a few minutes ago and got a serious forearm pump. I think im gonna like these things....
Yes!!!
FatGrips stay on the dumbbells!

I like to keep my fatgrips on my db's for warming up, etc. I've got two sets of the HUGE ones that never get moved and one extra medium set for wild hairs. They get as annoying to move around as adjustable db's...hence they end up staying where they are at.

I like to keep my fatgrips on my db's for warming up, etc. I've got two sets of the HUGE ones that never get moved and one extra medium set for wild hairs. They get as annoying to move around as adjustable db's...hence they end up staying where they are at.

I didn't know that they had a pair of super fat gripz.. that's something I'm interested in.. there is also grit that are made of a lapel from a BJJ gi, and you hang from it and you do all sorts of movements merch like a monkey, it's the help out with grip and core workout..

I'm going to have to Google these extra fat gripz..

I didn't know that they had a pair of super fat gripz.. that's something I'm interested in.. there is also grit that are made of a lapel from a BJJ gi, and you hang from it and you do all sorts of movements merch like a monkey, it's the help out with grip and core workout..

I'm going to have to Google these extra fat gripz..

I want to say there are like 4 size, iirc. If you go with the original fat gripz. There are plenty of knock offs too. The big ones, my fingers don't even touch. Since I use them as an afterthought and not a focused forearm exercise, there are certain lifts I barely notice them on. Other lifts, it really kicks into play and is a noticeable hindrance to the lift itself and the targeted muscle group. Like lateral delt raise...since your fingers aren't curled around them securely, it feels like the db is going to slip out and fall. I'd say they improved my grip strength, but zero on size...imo. My forearms are like most guys calves...just refuse to grow.

I want to say there are like 4 size, iirc. If you go with the original fat gripz. There are plenty of knock offs too. The big ones, my fingers don't even touch. Since I use them as an afterthought and not a focused forearm exercise, there are certain lifts I barely notice them on. Other lifts, it really kicks into play and is a noticeable hindrance to the lift itself and the targeted muscle group. Like lateral delt raise...since your fingers aren't curled around them securely, it feels like the db is going to slip out and fall. I'd say they improved my grip strength, but zero on size...imo. My forearms are like most guys calves...just refuse to grow.

the ones I have are real ones they're not the knockoffs but a buddy of mine has a knock-off pair and their half-decent..
mine are the yellow ones they're not very small but they're not very large.
they are absolutely fantastic when you're eching everything in, it gives the forearm some nice separations along with vascularity. if you're genetically blessed it just amplifies it.
plus they feel fantastic on my wrists. GH screwed me up for a little bit they're on my left arm.. these actually helped.

I make my own poor man's fat grips out of pipe insulation and they work quite well.

the ones I have are real ones they're not the knockoffs but a buddy of mine has a knock-off pair and their half-decent..
mine are the yellow ones they're not very small but they're not very large.
they are absolutely fantastic when you're eching everything in, it gives the forearm some nice separations along with vascularity. if you're genetically blessed it just amplifies it.
plus they feel fantastic on my wrists. GH screwed me up for a little bit they're on my left arm.. these actually helped.
Me not being genetically gifted in the forearms
I've incorporated the grips to help bring them along and it definitely has.
I also keep the grip strength trainer things around to do when I'm just sitting around or driving ( yes I know it sounds stupid and alot of ppl shit on those things, but use them consistently for 1 month and tell me you dont get great improvements) these together have greatly improved the development of them, more vascularity, fullness.

Prepare for a.font to start hating on my grip trainers in...

Get Shredded!
I use an arm blaster and 3 different width fat gripz. Also have a whole set of captains of crush grippers. Nothing more satisfying that watching people wince with tears during a handshake. I once had a 22 yr old with a BJJ black belt challenge me to a no striking grappling match. I extended my hand for a handshake and just crunched down. He went down to his knees and tapped out.

Last edited:
I use an arm blaster and 3 different width fat gripz. Also have a whole set of captains of crush grippers. Nothing more satisfying that watching people wince with tears during a handshake. I once had a 22 yr old with a BJJ black belt challenge me to a no striking grappling match. I extended my hand for a handshake and just crunched down. He went down to his knees and tapped out.
I use lots of rope work for this reason.. its the best for lapel grip strength.

The few times I used an arm blaster was great. Prefer the angle too

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Back