• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

FOR CARB LOVERS!! [emoji3590] ALL ABOUT OATS!!

maxmuscle1

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
FOR CARB LOVERS: ALL ABOUT OATS!!

Terms for types of oats:
•Oat groats{slang}:*as whole grainy as you can get where oats are concerned. Unadulterated. Only the inedible hull has been removed. Cooks in 50-60 minutes.
•Steel cut oats:*also called Irish oats or pinhead oats, these are just groats that have been cut into smaller pieces to speed cooking. Cook in 10-20 minutes.
•Scottish oatmeal: another version of groats that have been broken into bits, only these are stone ground instead of being cut. Cooks in 10 minutes.
•Oat bran:*a high-fiber part of the oat that’s been removed and can be eaten separately. Oat bran can be prepared as its own hot cereal or simply sprinkled on your favorite bowl of breakfast to boost the nutrient content of every bite. Cooks in 2 minutes.
•Old fashioned oats:*groats that are steamed and then pressed flat. Increasing the surface area this way and partially cooking them helps you get breakfast to your mouth faster. Cooks in 5 minutes.

Here are some super flavorful ideas if you have the time. Remember you can use an Instapotfor faster cooking times:

https://www.veggirlrd.com/cherry-maple-granola/

https://www.veggirlrd.com/coconut-mango-barley-breakfast/

It doesn’t have to be all whole grains all the time.* If you’re currently eating quick oats, go one step to the left on the spectrum for Unprocessed.* Chances are you will be amazed by the change in texture and you’ll have yourself a new favorite breakfast. I,
along with BGT{a while back} started blending McCanns Irish Steel Cut Oats and making a fine flour for protein shakes. It is much different than buying some oat flour that has been through various processes. It makes it easier to chug your post workout shake. Remember, all foods are not created equal and that is a fact!! People say, “ It is all about the Diet!”, yet they Do Not Prep. Prepping is the hard part! Cooking comes second and then comes the fun part, Eating your own Creations!!

*My top 3 Favorite Brands for Products are:
Bob’s Red Mill, McCann’s Steel Cut Oats, and Purely Elizabeth. Oats, spelt, grains, granolas, gluten-free items, and Organics.

Max

Btw: You can always use Quaker or Malt-o-Meal packets when your are on the run or in a pinch!!
Some are completely processed filled w sugar but hey, WHATEVER!! Lol

FOR CARB LOVERS: ALL ABOUT OATS!!

Terms for types of oats:
•Oat groats{slang}:*as whole grainy as you can get where oats are concerned. Unadulterated. Only the inedible hull has been removed. Cooks in 50-60 minutes.
•Steel cut oats:*also called Irish oats or pinhead oats, these are just groats that have been cut into smaller pieces to speed cooking. Cook in 10-20 minutes.
•Scottish oatmeal: another version of groats that have been broken into bits, only these are stone ground instead of being cut. Cooks in 10 minutes.
•Oat bran:*a high-fiber part of the oat that’s been removed and can be eaten separately. Oat bran can be prepared as its own hot cereal or simply sprinkled on your favorite bowl of breakfast to boost the nutrient content of every bite. Cooks in 2 minutes.
•Old fashioned oats:*groats that are steamed and then pressed flat. Increasing the surface area this way and partially cooking them helps you get breakfast to your mouth faster. Cooks in 5 minutes.

Here are some super flavorful ideas if you have the time. Remember you can use an Instapotfor faster cooking times:

https://www.veggirlrd.com/cherry-maple-granola/

https://www.veggirlrd.com/coconut-mango-barley-breakfast/

It doesn’t have to be all whole grains all the time.* If you’re currently eating quick oats, go one step to the left on the spectrum for Unprocessed.* Chances are you will be amazed by the change in texture and you’ll have yourself a new favorite breakfast. I,
along with BGT{a while back} started blending McCanns Irish Steel Cut Oats and making a fine flour for protein shakes. It is much different than buying some oat flour that has been through various processes. It makes it easier to chug your post workout shake. Remember, all foods are not created equal and that is a fact!! People say, “ It is all about the Diet!”, yet they Do Not Prep. Prepping is the hard part! Cooking comes second and then comes the fun part, Eating your own Creations!!

*My top 3 Favorite Brands for Products are:
Bob’s Red Mill, McCann’s Steel Cut Oats, and Purely Elizabeth. Oats, spelt, grains, granolas, gluten-free items, and Organics.

Max

Btw: You can always use Quaker or Malt-o-Meal packets when your are on the run or in a pinch!!
Some are completely processed filled w sugar but hey, WHATEVER!! Lol
Used to add em to shake regularly

UNCLE Z REP
WWW.UNCLEZ.RU FOR LIST/ORDERING

ORDERS@UNCLEZ.RU FOR ORDER QUESTIONS

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Used to add em to shake regularly

UNCLE Z REP

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Great source really. Especially for gluten free peeps. I used to just blend em whole but the steel cut are way easier to get down. Also, making them ahead w fresh fruit in 100g packs work so well for a quick load!

Max

Great source really. Especially for gluten free peeps. I used to just blend em whole but the steel cut are way easier to get down. Also, making them ahead w fresh fruit in 100g packs work so well for a quick load!

Max
I used the big tub of instant cause they blend better I think

UNCLE Z REP

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Back