• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

What's more efficient for a workout routine???

Archimedestheowl

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I am sure this has to do with people goals, but what do you think is a better way to gain muscle and "trick your muscles."

1. Keep the same type of workouts and change the reps (Heavy one week, Drop-sets another week, Eccentric / Concentric another week etc...)
2. Keep the same reps and change the style of workout (Bar bench press one week, Dumbbell bench press another week, Machine bench press another week etc..)
3. Constantly switch up both.

I hope this made sense, and thanks for the help!

I am sure this has to do with people goals, but what do you think is a better way to gain muscle and "trick your muscles."

1. Keep the same type of workouts and change the reps (Heavy one week, Drop-sets another week, Eccentric / Concentric another week etc...)
2. Keep the same reps and change the style of workout (Bar bench press one week, Dumbbell bench press another week, Machine bench press another week etc..)
3. Constantly switch up both.

I hope this made sense, and thanks for the help!

All of the above. I do a program to a T. If I am still growing/getting results; I keep going. When I plateau, I switch up one of the factors above but not bounce back and forth unless I am experimenting. Everything works to an extent.
There are about so many factors including , diet/lifestyle/training styles, environmental and mental as well. Being consistent for years is a good goal.

Max

Thanks for the response! I like your method and will have to try that as well. I guess when i start to experiment it seems to start to get into my head, and then i go down a deep rabbit hole lol.

Max is right you don't want to bounce around too much because it will be hard to track progress. Although you could rotate certain factors on a week to week basis and still progress as long as you don't go more than two weeks without hitting a specific movement. You could do heavy one week, then lighter for reps the next, then go back to heavy, etc OR Barbell bench one week, dumbells the next, OR bench press/incline Flyes one week then incline press and flat bench Flyes the next. This type of training allows you to workout Ionger before hitting a plateau from recruitment pattern burnout. But some people may need to hit a lift more often to progress.

Max is right you don't want to bounce around too much because it will be hard to track progress. Although you could rotate certain factors on a week to week basis and still progress as long as you don't go more than two weeks without hitting a specific movement. You could do heavy one week, then lighter for reps the next, then go back to heavy, etc OR Barbell bench one week, dumbells the next, OR bench press/incline Flyes one week then incline press and flat bench Flyes the next. This type of training allows you to workout Ionger before hitting a plateau from recruitment pattern burnout. But some people may need to hit a lift more often to progress.

I concur AG! (In my heavy Manchester Accent! Lol).

Max

Back