• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Who's gym is still closed?

TwoDollarTacos

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm in the Northeast and gyms are not opening anytime soon and i've been losing my shit lately. I just ordered a third set of resistance bands and i'm extremely close to hopping on a modest cycle with resistance bands and see what happens at this point. Anyone else in the same boat? How have you spiced up your hometraining?

If i was still in that position id consider making heavy concrete dumbells if you dont have access to weights and make a homemade tricep pulley thats what i did best of luck bro!

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Gyms in Boston are suppose to be open by the 28th

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Mines closed still..but slated to open up the 29th..but I've heard there's been a sharp increase in new cases and deaths since they opened up most of the businesses and state parks, ect.. we shall see what happens

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

If i was still in that position id consider making heavy concrete dumbells if you dont have access to weights and make a homemade tricep pulley thats what i did best of luck bro!

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

I got these resistance bands that can stack for up to 150lbs worth of resistance. I'm hoping these will give me a bump in my workouts. Next step is free weights. I live in a small apartment but at this point I'm close to turning the entire apartment into a gym.

- - - Updated - - -

Gyms in Boston are suppose to be open by the 28th

I wish I was in that position.

Mines closed still..but slated to open up the 29th..but I've heard there's been a sharp increase in new cases and deaths since they opened up most of the businesses and state parks, ect.. we shall see what happens

There's been a sharp uptick in cases across the South. I'm not sure what to make of the news at this point. In my city, it seems like a 50/50 split of people who are scared of cases going back up and those who don't give a shit anymore.

I got these resistance bands that can stack for up to 150lbs worth of resistance. I'm hoping these will give me a bump in my workouts. Next step is free weights. I live in a small apartment but at this point I'm close to turning the entire apartment into a gym.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I was in that position.
Dumbbells and plates are going for rediculous amounts of coin here. I sold my set I had years ago to a buddy for cheap. I had duals of everything from 10lb-100lb in 5lb increments on dumbbells alone. I would be sitting on a fortune with today's prices people are selling em for.

If your gym isn't open, my guess you live in a liberal state that's trying to ruin that economy to try and destroy Trump....

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I’m in NY and gyms are still closed, I’ve heard talk of July 1, but I imagine it’s contingent on new cases of COVID and what not..... it’s been over one hundred days since I’ve been in a gym,

Yep! No real straight answers either. Keeps changing.

Max

CA still closed. When they open its by appointment only. WTF

You must train at a 24 hour fitness here. They’re one of the last to open. I believe they open next Monday (6/22). I’ve been training at a different gym. All others seem to be open but them.

Mine opens 2morrow.

And they spaced the machines 12 feet apart. Im fortunate to go to a very nice and mainly private gym, and we even have a few IFBB pros you guys know of there as well.

Can't wait. I did high rep squats last night in my driveway w barbell and woke up today and walking hurts LOL, so the first few weeks will be brutal.

Im doing a 3 month transformation after this lockdown, anyone else doing something similar?

Mine opens 2morrow.

And they spaced the machines 12 feet apart. Im fortunate to go to a very nice and mainly private gym, and we even have a few IFBB pros you guys know of there as well.

Can't wait. I did high rep squats last night in my driveway w barbell and woke up today and walking hurts LOL, so the first few weeks will be brutal.

Im doing a 3 month transformation after this lockdown, anyone else doing something similar?

Lucky Bastard!! Lol . I have a secret plan that involves MA LABS....shhh!

Max

Mine opens 2morrow.

This guy right here is! I haven’t touched a weight or done anything close to training in nearly 3 months.

Ours are still closed with no opening in sight. They scheduled a modified opening plan starting yesterday but apparently it was a shit show and officials shut it down.

I just spent 10 days training at Metroflex Oceanside and it was full on gym atmosphere. Aside from people wiping down shit more diligently, I saw no difference from regular gym stuff.

Ours are still closed with no opening in sight. They scheduled a modified opening plan starting yesterday but apparently it was a shit show and officials shut it down.

I just spent 10 days training at Metroflex Oceanside and it was full on gym atmosphere. Aside from people wiping down shit more diligently, I saw no difference from regular gym stuff.

Valerie’s and Roberto’s Tacos! Lol

Max
#oceanside

Get Shredded!
Here in the Pacific Northwest my gym isn’t open yet. It’s been 3 months of no workouts so I will be hitting things with a new outlook and hoping to do even better. Really make a person appreciate the gym even more.

mine is still closed. supposed to open June 28th, but that is a maybe depending on what happens between now and then. And to answer Dawg's question above, yes, I do live in one of those liberal states in the northeast.

This is were I get it in for now, reopening my gym on 7/22)20
e87f04a684688f39fe1cc5745b551b29.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

You must train at a 24 hour fitness here. They’re one of the last to open. I believe they open next Monday (6/22). I’ve been training at a different gym. All others seem to be open but them.

Correct and been a member of Golds since the 80's. Haven't heard anything from Golds.

Correct and been a member of Golds since the 80's. Haven't heard anything from Golds.

I train at The Gym, formally known as Worlds. They’re open without restriction. I also have a membership to 24. I hate that gym though, so I doubt I’ll continue my membership there. Plus, who knows what their future is since they have announced the officially filed for bankruptcy.

Mine is goddamnit- Should be opening in a few weeks- I've never had a break from the gym like this before- Will be a bit over 3 months. I will definitely have to be careful and ease back into it. I have for sure lost muscle but also lost a decent amount of weight (good for me). Been off all PEDs for about 2 months now.

My main gym just opened today and planning to go back on Saturday for my first workout. The backup gym (Planet Fitness) will open on Thursday. Looks like the only restriction I'll have is to social distance and no mask needed (except when entering).

Hope y'all can get back to training hard making gains!

I realy haven't lost much sence gyms closed I've been on test 7years hopefully they open up soon I'm getting restless
Have any of u lost your gains???
66ae0f451d03393767aeb1bc3924dcbb.jpg
d7360ca284a10bace76b7de1176fec9d.jpg

Here in the Pacific Northwest my gym isn’t open yet. It’s been 3 months of no workouts so I will be hitting things with a new outlook and hoping to do even better. Really make a person appreciate the gym even more.

I'm up here in King County in Washington. I'm guessing another 4-6 weeks, as we are only in Phase 1.5, and need to be at Phase 3. However, a buddy of mine found a gym last week that's open on the DL, so I joined it right away. Hidden in an industrial part of town, no windows, barcode access, open 24/7. It's real hard core, drop your weights, grunt, chalk up, music cranked, full of serious lifters. Started on Saturday with back and delts, and felt like I was in a car wreck all day Sunday. Went back today to do legs. Haven't done legs since mid March, so I may be in trouble tomorrow lol. At least I was able to do upper body at home, and I'm geared up, so hopefully I'll be back in full swing when Governor Inslee grants gyms permission to open back up.

Last edited:
Back