• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Deload is necessary?

MONSTRO

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I always train hard and heavy until failure each set all my 23 years of training , but some times alot of pain in my joints. Is this a sign i need a deload?

Deload is have a week to reduce weights and never go to failure , the idea is recovery of your body mostly injuries.

Do you think is the best way to achieve more results?

I always train hard and heavy until failure each set all my 23 years of training , but some times alot of pain in my joints. Is this a sign i need a deload?

Deload is have a week to reduce weights and never go to failure , the idea is recovery of your body mostly injuries.

Do you think is the best way to achieve more results?
Generally speaking, I would say yes assuming it's not injury related pain

UNCLE Z REP
WWW.UNCLEZ.RU FOR LIST/ORDERING

ORDERS@UNCLEZ.RU FOR ORDER QUESTIONS

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

If it is injury related that could be a whole other issue. Taking 4 weeks to switch up training style after deload week could be beneficial too

UNCLE Z REP
WWW.UNCLEZ.RU FOR LIST/ORDERING

ORDERS@UNCLEZ.RU FOR ORDER QUESTIONS

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

All of my training partners in Strongman would do deloads here and there during the year.

I trained super heavy all year and never deloaded once in my life.

Out of everyone in my training crew I was hurt and injured the most. Granted proportionately I was doing heavier weights pound for pound then any of them.

But it makes me wonder. Were they healthier then me because I was never deloading? Also I took more AAS then them. Maybe that was part of it too?

Good topic man.

The program I am running now has a cruise or deload week every 7th week. Don’t know if it is needed or not but man I can’t wait for it.

I know me personally I have to have some deloads. My joints start to take a pounding and need a rest.

If you start to question whether or not you should deload, the answer is typically yes.

Indicators it is time to back off volume or load:

1. Achy joints (even when not training).

2. Generally fatigue and difficulty sleeping well.

3. Irritation and lack of desire (sex drive or training wise).

4. Consecutive poor gym performance despite everything else being on point.

5. Lack of appetite.

6. Getting sick more often than normal.

You are referring to “periodization training”.

Look it up.

I can say from someone who only lifts heavy... it’s a good idea.

Wish I did this more. And I read about this over 10 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're training hard, to failure all the time, two or three deload weeks, spread out evenly throughout the year wouldn't be an awful idea

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, The Swolle Life Chose Me

IML Gear Cream!
Now i understand why sometimes im growing well but after some weeks pain on my elbows and knees , and i never stop even with pain but at same time cant progress and may be looking smaller ( maybe i atrophy the muscle by pushing to far with training.

But my biggest mistakes during past years was training 7 days per week and cardio fasted every day .

Thats why im here to learn more and try to tell new ones dont do my mistakes

If you're training the way you should be, which it sounds like you are, deloads are necassary.
I always come back stronger,even more focused, and fresh after a deload. It's a great time to shoot for that PR or rep PR.

Another subtopic:
How should your diet change when training vs. deloading?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you're training the way you should be, which it sounds like you are, deloads are necassary.
I always come back stronger,even more focused, and fresh after a deload. It's a great time to shoot for that PR or rep PR.

Another subtopic:
How should your diet change when training vs. deloading?
@Montego1
@Vision
@WesleyInman
@wesley_swolle
@maxmuscle1

The only time I ever deloaded is if I had a flu or injury. That was the only time I ever took off in hindsight.

Now 24 years later Im banged up pretty bad. I dont regret it but I do think that if I could go back and do it over, I would deload here and there and take more support supplements.

I don’t deload I have to take 5-14 days completely off every 6-8 weeks. When I first started I could go high volume 6-7 days a week with out any time off because I didn’t have the ability to maximize intensity and the weights were very light.

Back