• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Hydrochlorothiazide and Muscle Gain

Anopolo21

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I was wondering if anyone has had experience with Hydrochlorothiazide. It's a diuretic blood pressure medication my doctor has me on at 25mg a day. Some bodybuilders take it before a show to rid themselves of as much water as possible. Thing is I'm worried about, is it may dehydrate my muscle to the point of stunting muscle growth. I've been on it for 6 months and have had zero gains. Just in the waist section when I was trying to bulk. My diet and training were on key as well. So just wondering if anyone has had experience with it. Or if anyone is prescribed it, and are still making muscle gains.

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with Hydrochlorothiazide. It's a diuretic blood pressure medication my doctor has me on at 25mg a day. Some bodybuilders take it before a show to rid themselves of as much water as possible. Thing is I'm worried about, is it may dehydrate my muscle to the point of stunting muscle growth. I've been on it for 6 months and have had zero gains. Just in the waist section when I was trying to bulk. My diet and training were on key as well. So just wondering if anyone has had experience with it. Or if anyone is prescribed it, and are still making muscle gains.
I've been on 25mg for years because I have high blood pressure. I also take lysinapril. It is a diuretic, it will make you piss, but if your are a fairly serious workout individual, you should be drinking plenty of water. I see no beneficial use of it other than blowing off some extra fluid.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I've been on 25mg for years because I have high blood pressure. I also take lysinapril. It is a diuretic, it will make you piss, but if your are a fairly serious workout individual, you should be drinking plenty of water. I see no beneficial use of it other than blowing off some extra fluid.

I've been watery on some different compounds that I would not expect. Sometimes after 250lbs when the excess water kicks in the blood pressure rises. Snoring, low energy all that good stuff. Removing the excess water is good once in a while, For the most part. If your blood pressure is high. Diet and genetics will be the biggest determining factor. Other wise adding more drugs is like adding fuel to the fire.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

I've been watery on some different compounds that I would not expect. Sometimes after 250lbs when the excess water kicks in the blood pressure rises. Snoring, low energy all that good stuff. Removing the excess water is good once in a while, For the most part. If your blood pressure is high. Diet and genetics will be the biggest determining factor. Other wise adding more drugs is like adding fuel to the fire.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
I agree, hydroclorathiazide has its purpose for people like me. High blood pressure is a family issue. I wieght around 260lbs and I'm not fat at all, so I can hold lots of water. My blood pressure, even on cycle, is fine. My doctor is a big for me giving me what I need to control it.

Yes sir. I have a inner ear disorder and have to take dyazide 37.5/50mg daily triamterene/hctz

I make mega gains on Sustanon/Anadrol and my friend I train with looks like a big watery puff.
I don’ get all the water. It is NOT a fat burner whatsoever. I lowers BP, I did notice cramping and temp loss of memory for seconds after long term use. Taken since 8 yrs old

Max

Yes sir. I have a inner ear disorder and have to take dyazide 37.5/50mg daily triamterene/hctz

I make mega gains on Sustanon/Anadrol and my friend I train with looks like a big watery puff.
I don’ get all the water. It is NOT a fat burner whatsoever. I lowers BP, I did notice cramping and temp loss of memory for seconds after long term use. Taken since 8 yrs old

Max
That's good to hear you made gains on it. After this cut I will try to bulk back up again. Making sure diet and traing are spot on.

12.5 mg - 25 mg makes me cramp up like crazy during workouts or even sex. I can't tolerate it. I have tried taking in potassium and salt, drinking, drinking, drinking . . still cramp up. It seriously interferes with my workouts and sex and sometimes causes cramps even when I am not exerting myself. My arm (left, usually) will curl up toward my chest and freeze there . . . calves, and so on . . .

Max

I have heard (but do not know from personal experience) that triamterene helps a lot because it is a potassium sparing drug. Dyazide has two compounds, hctz and triamterene. I can't find that at the usual sources (ReliableRx, etc).

IML Gear Cream!
I have heard (but do not know from personal experience) that triamterene helps a lot because it is a potassium sparing drug. Dyazide has two compounds, hctz and triamterene. I can't find that at the usual sources (ReliableRx, etc).

I think they call it Trianseril 50mg here for intl
Sponsors have it here
Max

I've been taking it for years because of high BP. I was 170lbs about 6 yrs ago. Sitting at 260 right now..albeit I added some fat, but definitely added a lot of muscle mass as well. So to answer your question, yes you can make gains while taking this drug. At least I did.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

I've been taking it for years because of high BP. I was 170lbs about 6 yrs ago. Sitting at 260 right now..albeit I added some fat, but definitely added a lot of muscle mass as well. So to answer your question, yes you can make gains while taking this drug. At least I did.

Great, thank you. That was an answer I was hoping to hear.

Great, thank you. That was an answer I was hoping to hear.
No prob bro. But it took a lot of serious weight training and a lot of food. Eating and training is what's gonna get your gains moving upwards. Gear helps, but not as much as diet and training.

hi your cramping not from the potassium loss , but to much it spares your potassium meaning it keeps it in body so if u add to much you can die or cramp up cut that out and just watch ur electro lights i just got put on this yesterday 12.5 i dropped 12 pounds water in 18 hours my cycle even tho im controlling estrogen ive put on alot water i did switch from cyp 500 -350 tren ace and masteron 350 2 months to sust 750 -500 eq- and primo 400 ...... but good luck brother just dont do that with potassium i asked that question just today i was at gym and was cramping and called my doctor she said to make sure i don't eat to much potassium while taking supplements cause that can mes me up

Back