• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Legs 3 days a week

Jaa0024

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So my peck injury is causing me to lay off upper body for a while.

I want to start doing legs 3 day’s a week. I was previously doing legs 2 days a week.

I was also on an overload program which was helping build strength. I was about to start the deload phase when I got hurt.

Any recommendations on how many reps and sets I should stick with when doing legs 3 days a week? I don’t want to over train and injury myself again.

Right now I can do heavy squats, leg curls, leg extensions l, lunges, step ups. Anything that I have to use my arms to grab a hold of must be very light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to start doing legs 3 day’s a week. I was previously doing legs 2 days a week.

I was also on an overload program which was helping build strength. I was about to start the deload phase when I got hurt.

Any recommendations on how many reps and sets I should stick with when doing legs 3 days a week? I don’t want to over train and injury myself again.

Right now I can do heavy squats, leg curls, leg extensions l, lunges, step ups. Anything that I have to use my arms to grab a hold of must be very light.

Off top of my head do a quad and a ham movement mon wed Fri. 3 sets of each per day. Maybe like
SQUAT/ham curl
LEG ext/RDL
LEG press or hack squat/walking lunges

UNCLE Z REP
WWW.UNCLEZ.RU FOR LIST/ORDERING
ORDERS@UNCLEZ.RU FOR ORDER QUESTIONS
PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Another question! How much cardio should I do? I never do cardio at all!! Everytime I run a lot I just feel like I’m going back to my cross country days when I was a stick lol.

Another question! How much cardio should I do? I never do cardio at all!! Everytime I run a lot I just feel like I’m going back to my cross country days when I was a stick lol.

Kinda up to you and ur body. Try the generix 5 day 30 min walk

UNCLE Z REP
WWW.UNCLEZ.RU FOR LIST/ORDERING
ORDERS@UNCLEZ.RU FOR ORDER QUESTIONS
PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Just be very careful. Legs are the largest muscles in your body and when you tear them up frequently without adequate rest you are risking Rabdomyolysis. No signs or symptoms and your kidneys can fail. Make sure you are drinking a ton of water and fully hydrated.

Few years back I was doing legs twice a week which is pretty normal for most. I had my regular quarterly blood test done the following day. My doctor called me and told me to go straight to the ER. I was confused and asked him why and he said my CK level was through the roof and kidneys were about to fail. Zero symptoms, zero pain nothing. So I walk into ER and they are surprised why I am walking in. After they spoke with my doctor they rushed me in and after 2 and half bottles of IV and several other tests they released me. Doc said all the toxins after you tear down your muscles gets backed up in your kidneys and puts tremendous pressure on it. More is not always good. You need proper rest for the muscles to recover.

Anyway, my experience. Good luck to you be careful.

When I tore my labrum, rotator and broke my acronium process (bone in the shoulder) and dislocated my shoulder I did legs 3-4x per week

And they were never bigger. My body loved it. Jack up your cals!

Just be very careful. Legs are the largest muscles in your body and when you tear them up frequently without adequate rest you are risking Rabdomyolysis. No signs or symptoms and your kidneys can fail. Make sure you are drinking a ton of water and fully hydrated.

Few years back I was doing legs twice a week which is pretty normal for most. I had my regular quarterly blood test done the following day. My doctor called me and told me to go straight to the ER. I was confused and asked him why and he said my CK level was through the roof and kidneys were about to fail. Zero symptoms, zero pain nothing. So I walk into ER and they are surprised why I am walking in. After they spoke with my doctor they rushed me in and after 2 and half bottles of IV and several other tests they released me. Doc said all the toxins after you tear down your muscles gets backed up in your kidneys and puts tremendous pressure on it. More is not always good. You need proper rest for the muscles to recover.

Man that’s absolutely crazy! I’m glad you’re okay. The craziest part is you showed no signs

Keep overall volume in each session to a minimum and, avoid going to failure each set each session.

I would not have any more then 2 thigh (entire leg movement, squat/strong stance leg press) and 1 quad, 1 hamstring movement per session.

I would also suggest varying each sessions goal. One heavy loading day short of failure , one high rep day to failure and one day with cluster sets.

You'll have to regulate your volume as you go based off intensity and, focusing on progressive overload woule be an easy way to track this. Getting stronger =good spot on volume and intensity. Not getting stronger or, getting weaker, too much volume

Keep overall volume in each session to a minimum and, avoid going to failure each set each session.

I would not have any more then 2 thigh (entire leg movement, squat/strong stance leg press) and 1 quad, 1 hamstring movement per session.

I would also suggest varying each sessions goal. One heavy loading day short of failure , one high rep day to failure and one day with cluster sets.

You'll have to regulate your volume as you go based off intensity and, focusing on progressive overload woule be an easy way to track this. Getting stronger =good spot on volume and intensity. Not getting stronger or, getting weaker, too much volume

Thanks man! Go check my log out. I just started doing only legs since Monday. So still getting a feel for it.

Man that’s absolutely crazy! I’m glad you’re okay. The craziest part is you showed no signs

Yes it is and I am healthy individual. Read up on Rabdomyolisis. Its pretty common, but like high blood pressure no symptoms at all.

So google search says that typically have around 200k cases a year. That’s not very much. How common is this? Makes me want to go get checked even with no symptoms lol

You were dehydrated.

Athletes have elevated levels almost constantly.

It just goes to show how uneducated doctors are. It shows how inaccurate the data they go by is and the worst part is how obese, inactive and basically pathetic americans are.

I had the same thing happen and luckily I had a doc that wasnt stupid. He laughed at me and said drink more water and Gatorade if I planned on being as active as I was.

It was a NP that told me to go to the ER. She claimed she hadnt seen numbers that high in 20 yrs and went as far as to say I might have even had a heart attack.

Leg day...Ugh..I knew there is a reason I hate doing legs....
Rabdomyolysis

Leg day...Ugh..I knew there is a reason I hate doing legs....
Rabdomyolysis

LOL, we now have an legitimate, medical excuse now! This is epic! Hahaha

In all seriousness, my legs need 5-6 days rest before even doing a light day. Maybe it's because I just started training them a year ago so they don't have much conditioning or stamina, or maybe it's genetics. Personally my genetics seem to dictate that i need to hit a muscle pretty hard less often to see the most results. Even as a natty I would feel like my muscles were still growing 5-6 days after hitting them. Never felt like they needed twice a week workouts, unless I wasn't hitting them hard. Optimal for me is a 5-7 day Rotation.

I’ve done squats every day a few times in the past and I’m currently doing that now. It’s a quick 20 mins each day, working up to a daily one rep max. Not a PR, just an every day max. It’s a good way to get the volume in, while spreading it out over the week.

First 2 weeks are doms but after that you get use to it. Just take the progression steady.

Back