• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Is there any benefits using pre-filters when filtering large volumes?

unlikely

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hi everybody :) Sorry in advance for my bad grammer, english is not my first language

My question is if there is any significant benefits using a .20-.22 filter with a .45 prefilter?

Lets say i´m doing a batch of 10.000mL EQ with unfiltererd GSO 3% ba 18%bb, Is this doable with lets say whatman polycap AS 36?

This is theoretical and are using eq as an example just because it clogs my filters faster than most hormones.

I assume you are talking about 1 liter and not 10ml? I have had more success using less vacuum with EQ as to not force garbage through the pre filter into the .22. I use the Whatman zap cap and it has a pre filter built into the unit. Also unfiltered GSO has been the dirtiest oil I have ever used and burned up filters like crazy. That being said you could save yourself some filters using a pre filter. Normally I can get 600-700ml through a Zapcap before I lose my patients and get a new one.

Hi Coonhunter
no i´m talking about 10L :)

I have experienced the same with less vacuum but for this experiment I will be using perstaltic pump.

I can buy a drum unfiltered GSO for fraction of the price of filtered GSO.
I will try to filter the unfiltered GSO myself thru polycap and see how big the difference is between the two.

I was hoping to get somewhat close to 2.000ml of eq out with 1 polycap. The EQ will only be at 200mg/mL and with filtered GSO hopefully that can be achieved :)

Back