• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Liquid Protein Shots

collins

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
anybody out there have any thoughts on liquid protein. the shit is handy as hell but ive been told your body absorbs very little. at lease thats what the guy at gnc says. whats your thoughts ?

Good ? What is the protien variety and are you using it for pre or post work out?

When protein sits in liquid for an extended period of time the amino acids can become unbound and cause a breakdown of the proteins rendering the solution biochemically useless.

Never been a big fan of them. For some reason they all give me acid reflux. I keep a tub of ON Whey in my car for use in a pinch. I don't know much about the absorption rates.

this shit is called NEW WHEY LIQUID PROTEIN it has 42 gram in a 3.8 oz shot tube. only a 180 calories 0 fat,0 sugar,2 carbs. ive been using this for post work outs.

My neighbor gave me one to try, havent touched it in at least a month ha ha. Just looks wrong...

anybody out there have any thoughts on liquid protein. the shit is handy as hell but ive been told your body absorbs very little. at lease thats what the guy at gnc says. whats your thoughts ?
I'm also sceptical of these products. If you don't want to keep whey around your car/workplace/locker, consider making your own protein bars (or buying them, even though they're overpriced)

I've tried them all. I've always thought as though they've never done anything for me until I tried Inner Armour's Nitro Peak 50g. I just got back from afghanistan and that was the only protein I could get my hands on and I made tremendous improvements in strength and size. But goatfishtwo I think is right. I'm not sure how long protein can be stable in a liquid environment. Whenever I've taken them I just subtract 25% of there protein and use that amount as the actual amount. There's no science in that, just my own thing. I'll ask my girl, shes has a double-major in biology and chemistry.

I've tried them all. I've always thought as though they've never done anything for me until I tried Inner Armour's Nitro Peak 50g. I just got back from afghanistan and that was the only protein I could get my hands on and I made tremendous improvements in strength and size. But goatfishtwo I think is right. I'm not sure how long protein can be stable in a liquid environment. Whenever I've taken them I just subtract 25% of there protein and use that amount as the actual amount. There's no science in that, just my own thing. I'll ask my girl, shes has a double-major in biology and chemistry.
You're a good candidate to post here: http://anabolicsteroidforums.com/showthread.php/875-Finding-Quality-Women-and-Keepers
Shit, why is it that every bodybuilder I know is dating a very intelligent girl?

Goatfishtwo answered your question but I haves used the same liquid protein as you have, I don't remember it having good leucine, isoleucine, or valine ratios. I could be completely wrong though.

I'm a bodybuilder. My fiance is about to graduate with her master's in molecular biology. :D

I've got me a little miss Doctor (MD) at home. Just made sense! Lol

When protein sits in liquid for an extended period of time the amino acids can become unbound and cause a breakdown of the proteins rendering the solution biochemically useless.
If the solution contains the proper amount of filler or carrier proteins (e.g. lactoalbumin bovine albumin etc), then the shelf life of amino acid activity can be increased from about a month to a year, depending on formulation.
That's actually a pretty good rule of thumb when dealing with prepackaged protein drinks. Most companies label carrier proteins in their overall totals anyways.
I've tried it and it tasted horrible.
Every single one of these protein shots I have ever tried had a taste that would make you rethink your life.

I think the one i tried was a steak protein or something. I thought "oh that's convenient, not a bad idea. When I get in a pinch I can just slam one of these." Well after tasting one I almost threw up and threw the rest of them away.

Exactly, a recent article talked about this and how they are poor sources with very low bioavailability.

I think the one i tried was a steak protein or something. I thought "oh that's convenient, not a bad idea. When I get in a pinch I can just slam one of these." Well after tasting one I almost threw up and threw the rest of them away.
If only they all could taste like Crush orange soda.

turkey-and-gravy-jones-soda-7.jpg

Back