• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

How much protein are you getting?

B_RAD1969

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
How much are you getting from foods and how much from supplements? I was getting about 75+ from shakes. 25 in the morning and 50 late afternoon. Always have chicken for lunch.

200-210 grams of protein per day, all real food, no shakes

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, The Swolle Life Chose Me

I take the pro powder at most once a day, in the postworkout (isolated ptroteins) if I don't have time (generally I have to run to work) or if I have not prepared anything before or I don't want to wait to cook something.

in total I am above 200 gr
I try to take at least 40 grams of pro with each meal

Last edited:
I try to get at least my body weight in protein from real food. Then my shakes on top of that is just a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if the shakes are why I feel my food is digesting slow. I feel like I'm constantly full but I keep eating. Gives ya bad indigestion....

I'm wondering if the shakes are why I feel my food is digesting slow. I feel like I'm constantly full but I keep eating. Gives ya bad indigestion....

I say yes thats exactly why your having issues with digestion and feel like crap. You're using a supplement for roughly 70% of your protein intake, this is a terrible food plan.

this is a generic model for a proper daily food plan
meat with eggs and a fat for bk, fruit
meat with fat and nuts
work out
shake with fruit
meat with veggies, carbs, fruit
meat with veggies, (carbs optional) for dinner, fruit

optional: eat a healthy snack between a couple or all of the meals to keep the macros where they should be

enjoy a good healthy stomach with strong digestion and no bloat or indigestion

Last edited:
I say yes thats exactly why your having issues with digestion and feel like crap. You're using a supplement for roughly 70% of your protein intake, this is a terrible food plan.

this is a generic model for a proper daily food plan
meat with eggs and a fat for bk, fruit
meat with fat and nuts
work out
shake with fruit
meat with veggies, carbs, fruit
meat with veggies, (carbs optional) for dinner, fruit

optional: eat a healthy snack between a couple or all of the meals to keep the macros where they should be

enjoy a good healthy stomach with strong digestion and no bloat or indigestion
I'm getting about 25 from eggs in the AM. 70 from chicken for mid morning and lunch. 20 from peanut butter in afternoon and 30 or so evening meal. Then the 75 from 3 protein shakes. Maybe too much for my 165lb frame?

I'm getting about 25 from eggs in the AM. 70 from chicken for mid morning and lunch. 20 from peanut butter in afternoon and 30 or so evening meal. Then the 75 from 3 protein shakes. Maybe too much for my 165lb frame?

The food you're eating is probably enough protein, you could probably drop the shakes besides a PWO shake. I don't feel they geniunely contribute much to actual absorbed protein for the day, but they make guys feel like they are. More important is carb and overall calorie intake from real food. Not a huge huge Rich Piana fan but he was right about the importance of "real fk'n food" because shakes don't really help much.

IML Gear Cream!
300-350 grams right now. About 25 grams is from a shake on workout days. 0 on non workout days.

300-350 grams right now. About 25 grams is from a shake on workout days. 0 on non workout days.

I found that the Fairlife nutrition plan shakes digest well. They just are ultra filtered milk and hard to beat the 30g of protein from just concentrated milk. I like their regular milk too.

I get in around 300 a day. 100 from shakes, 100 from liquid egg whites, 100 from chicken breast or fish. I’m cutting right now. I honestly have never noticed a difference getting protein from a liquid source or whole food source. Tbh honest I’ll have some days where I’ll have either more egg whites or shakes as opposed to any meat. With doing this I notice my digestion is better and stomach stays flatter. My main concern is digestibility.

I found that the Fairlife nutrition plan shakes digest well. They just are ultra filtered milk and hard to beat the 30g of protein from just concentrated milk. I like their regular milk too.

I like isolate with minimal carbs and no fats. In fact my favorite protein in the clear iso protein

Back