• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Verizon turns over all info of there customers to us govt (WTF)

Gs442

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Report: U.S. phone records go to the NSA
A A A (resize font)
(CNN) - The U.S. government has obtained a top secret court order that requires Verizon to turn over the telephone records of millions of Americans to the National Security Agency on an "ongoing daily basis," the UK-based Guardian newspaper reported Wednesday.

The four-page order, which The Guardian published on its website, requires the communications giant to turn over "originating and terminating" telephone numbers as well as the location, time and duration of the calls. The order, published on the newspaper's website, does not require the contents of conversations to be turned over.

CNN has so far been unable to independently verify the authenticity of the document.

If genuine, the order gives the NSA blanket access to the records of millions of Verizon customers' domestic and foreign phone calls made between April 25, when the order was signed, and July 19, when it expires.

Verizon spokesman Edward McFadden declined to comment on the report.

According to the document published by The Guardian, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) Court Judge Roger Vinson signed a "Secondary Order" granting an FBI request for access to the records.

The FBI did not respond to a CNN request for comment. The NSA told CNN said it will respond "as soon as we can."

The order does not say why the request was made, but it bans the government and Verizon from making the contents public.

"As far as we know, this order from the FISA court is the broadest surveillance order to ever have been issued: it requires no level of suspicion and applies to all Verizon subscribers anywhere in the U.S.," the Center for Constitutional Rights said in a statement released shortly after the story broke.

"It also contains a gag order prohibiting Verizon from disclosing information about the order to anyone other than their counsel."

CNN's Adam Levine, Jake Tapper, Carol Cratty, William Mears and Sara Pratley contributed to this report.

I seen this!!!! Itsfucked up an they cant tell them no! Im a verizon user and def. wana switch. But honestly i wouldnt doubt other companies r doing same right now too!

It's just one step closer for govt control over its people but in your Verizon contract it clearly states your personal info and your personal business shall not be given out isn't this a breach of contract on there part even though its court ordered wouldn't they have to send each individual customer a court order in order to obtain confidential info

Last night CNN said there was more then phone records. 9 different websites also but I can't recall the names. This country is heading down a terrible path but most people don't care. I'm sure big brother is reading this now! Glad when the time comes I'm armed to the teeth.

I believe this information they are gathering is used more for political purposes than anything. This is a quest for complete power, and information about us, helps them with obtaining more power. Our government is dangerously out of control.

Last night CNN said there was more then phone records. 9 different websites also but I can't recall the names. This country is heading down a terrible path but most people don't care. I'm sure big brother is reading this now! Glad when the time comes I'm armed to the teeth.

I agree fully!! Me and my close buddys and brothers have armed up alot too haha. Became a pretty big EXPENSIVE hobby lol. But not a bad idea considering the times!!!

Yep most people just wanna see the newest "reality show" or some other distraction that comes along. Meanwhile what civil liberties we do have left get thrown in the dumpster. I'm glad i bought guns years ago, getting the ammo is the hard part now.

Personally I'm more concerned with Google not the NSA. At least the govt has "some" oversight and limits set by the supreme court or what ever governing body regulates them. Corporations don't have the same constraints.

IML Gear Cream!
The best way to enslave a population is by slowly taking away their rights.

The best way to enslave a population is by slowly taking away their rights.

It's known history repeats itself. I'm one one to really believe con. theories but I do think in the near future we will be fighting for our freedom. I'm talking armed citizens against the government too. Look how they are trying to have the gun ban, and you know it won't stop until they confiscate them. Shit, china even called for our government to disarm us. Doubt it will ever happen tho.

It's known history repeats itself. I'm one one to really believe con. theories but I do think in the near future we will be fighting for our freedom. I'm talking armed citizens against the government too. Look how they are trying to have the gun ban, and you know it won't stop until they confiscate them. Shit, china even called for our government to disarm us. Doubt it will ever happen tho.

This is so true. But i refuse to disarm myself its my fuckig rite. And honestly most of the guns owned in America are all the american citizens. It would be one hell of a fight lol

just think about all the info about you google has, especially if you have an android phone. plus the bush administration did stuff just like this. so it's not new, or at least you shouldn't be surprised...

its crazy but true, all this shit going on is clearly showing it will get worse before it gets better.

Agreed 100%.

there's something about having a tube full of .69cal slugs that just makes me sleep better at night.

Back