• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

PSL - Homeworkout Tips (Pushups)

ckcrown84

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Pushups
Timer: 15-25 minutes (Depending on conditioning)
Do as many pushups as you can in specified time period.
Keep a rough idea of how many reps were sloppy and try to improve on that week to week, but DON’T get excessively caught up in it. The idea, for example, is 25 minutes of brutality. Not to cut your reps short by 100 reps and increase your rest time x10 because you want each rep to be beautifully executed.

Now the next step is to do a damn workout and set a starting performance baseline. Once you do this set realistic goals and a plan of improvement, there are two primary paths:
1) Increase the number of reps performed
2) Increase the difficulty of the workout
a. Increase feet elevation
b. Add weight to your back
c. My personal favorite use a band wrapped around you.
Remember you should always be trying to get quality reps each workout and improve on that some, the timer isn’t an excuse for every rep to look like a bunny hop, but when your dead and some hops are all that’s left in the tank, that’s okay. I think the best advice here just to be honest with yourself.
The goal isn’t as many reps as possible in 1 shot. Instead, you should have a plan on how to pace yourself throughout the chosen selected time period, even alternating your sets difficulty by changing reps or setting a reasonable pace and completing the workout with quite a bit of quality reps accumulated set after set.
Some example workouts
Increasing the reps each workout
Rina started week 1 with a baseline of 80 pushups performed in 15 minutes. So we set a gradual progression.
Week 1 80
Week 2 102 Completed
Week 3 133 Completed
Week 4 150 ~Goal

An example of increasing difficulty can be adding a band around you. For example, I did:
Week 1: Bodyweight
Week2: Red Band
Week 3: Blue band
Week 4: Black band 100 reps then bodyweight pushups until timer goes off. When I performed this 4 week wave I used a timer of 25 minutes.

Attachments

• IMG_1355.jpg
    IMG_1355.jpg
    863.6 KB · Views: 31
Good stuff bro. Do you believe that someone like yourself for example, who has a substantial amount of muscle can actually progress using such training methods? Or is this simply a way to stay in shape and try to maintain?

Back